Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Acceptable amount to steal from the Galleries Lounge

Acceptable amount to steal from the Galleries Lounge

Old Aug 25, 2019, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
The OH observed she would actually have intervened if she’d seen that happening ... and she is not confrontational by nature.
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Afraid to say I accidentally had a Finnair cake fork in my rucksack after it fell off a table and I couldnít find it. Was crapping myself through the TSA checks the next two weeks!
becks1 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by EDIwanderer
Afraid to say I accidentally had a Finnair cake fork in my rucksack after it fell off a table and I couldnít find it. Was crapping myself through the TSA checks the next two weeks!
You kept it though. Thatís why people take things as souvenirs of their trip. Especially if you fly infrequently having a branded teaspoon to stir your tea reminds you of the experience.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 2:50 am

I usually take as much as I can fit internally. That has a by- product of sending me to sleep as soon as I sit down.
argonath, nilsfr69 and Fatdickie like this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 3:03 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Depends on what's waiting for me at the other end of the flight. If I am hand luggage only and jumping straight on a bus for a 60 minute hot and stuffy trip, I might take a can of bitter lemon for the onward journey .

When Speedbird was released, I did take a can on a few occasions, for friends to try as they are Craft beer fanatics.

cannot believe people take wine glasses. ...
Old Aug 26, 2019, 3:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by lhrpete
Sad. I've never seen anything in any airline lounge that made me want to make a thief of myself. It's not like lounges anywhere are full of high quality items of anything.
I've seen plenty. For one, the Horse is the T5 lounge if only I could fit it into my laptop bag!!!
ML
nilsfr69 and Fatdickie like this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 3:59 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I really do find this thread rather shocking. Basically it is saying, what things can one take from the Lounge which are deemed acceptable. So were one to bring a Tupperware box and load it with sandwiches to guard against BoBitis then that's one thing and then decant the Champagne into a thermos (has to be cold Darling!) - I assume that is why people are thieving the glassware and presumably the cutlery and china as well.

Each to their own, but the very thought of being discovered would make me die of shame. I just hope that this thread gets closed down so that no one at BA management see it, if it is not already too late as it has been around for far too long.
IAN-UK, icegirl, argonath and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 4:09 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by barneyb
Just seen someone in LHR Flounge take two champagne glasses. They even came fully prepared. Emptied their champagne into a third glass, dried the glass, wrapped the glasses in bubble wrap from their bag, and snuck back into the bag to take home. The current beach display on the terrace made them very hidden!
OMG...this is way up the next level. I would have reported it (silently) to the front desk staff...and it is up to them to take action or not - which if they did would have been easily detected as they can call security/police and ask the pax to be searched (am sure that they can identify their own lounge glasses).
I do admit I take at times a can or a packet of crisp when ending up flying in the back - at least that is because of BA going to BoB, but taking the flutes...wow.

Cheers!
becks1 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 4:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by barneyb
Just seen someone in LHR Flounge take two champagne glasses. They even came fully prepared. Emptied their champagne into a third glass, dried the glass, wrapped the glasses in bubble wrap from their bag, and snuck back into the bag to take home. The current beach display on the terrace made them very hidden!
Did you not see fit to speak to a duty manager about this?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Each to their own, but the very thought of being discovered would make me die of shame. I just hope that this thread gets closed down so that no one at BA management see it, if it is not already too late as it has been around for far too long.
Yes. As threads go it's unedifying and depressing. Though there's some a measure of entertainment in the exercise of double standards

Most posts are folk justifying their own nicking of comestible while setting that as the limit to acceptable misappropriation; then turning indignant about others more inventive, or with a broader threshold to turpitude.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 4:55 am

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
Originally Posted by Hubbabridge
The priority pass lounge at BHD , adjacent to the BA Exec lounge has a sign which says they will prosecute people removing food and drinks items from the lounge as it is theft which is I think a clear statement. Unfortunately BA makes no clear statement on the matter which allows people to justify removing whatever their conscience allows: in my case nothing but for others enough for an afternoon picnic.
I noticed a sign on the mezzanine level of Galleries Club at Gatwick a couple of weeks ago which clearly stated no items of food or drink should be removed from the lounge.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Most posts are folk justifying their own nicking of comestible while setting that as the limit to acceptable misappropriation; then turning indignant about others more inventive, or with a broader threshold to turpitude.
I think the entertainment value of this thread has long since passed and it would be nice if the Moderators could deliver a coup de grace. The lounge experience at LHR is already being eroded by BA as it is...

Last edited by Robespierre; Aug 26, 2019 at 5:34 am
Old May 14, 2022, 3:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / *A Gold / HH Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
But think of the croissant crumbs youíre trailing across the airport!
Croissants crumbs? Are they so stale from the BA lounge that they actually crumb?
Old Oct 9, 2022, 2:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Sat in Galleries First in Gatwick and just watched someone load up their wheely bag with 20+ cans of Heineken and Brewdog Jet Stream. Never seen anything like that before, and he was brazen enough to do it in front of the staff

This fridge was full before he arrived:
Old Oct 9, 2022, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by Lucanesque
Sat in Galleries First in Gatwick and just watched someone load up their wheely bag with 20+ cans of Heineken and Brewdog Jet Stream. Never seen anything like that before, and he was brazen enough to do it in front of the staff

This fridge was full before he arrived.
I wouldn't want to be sat underneath that if it fell out of an overhead locker!
wrp96, Lucanesque and DiamondMile like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.