Airtrain at JFK closed at the moment

Old Jun 6, 15, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver but hotels.com Gold :)
Airtrain at JFK closed at the moment

Just a heads up for BA and oneworld flyers.
The JFK Airtrain is not currently operating between terminals. Fed Circle to/from Jamaica is running (and no charge).
The lady I spoke to reckoned its back up sometime Monday.

A weird replacement bus system is in force. It looks a real pain to go T8 to T7, so those on that transfer may need to allow extra time and plan alternative means of getting to T7.

I was into T8 this morning and heading into town; so a scrum for the Group 2 replacement bus at T8 to Fed Circle, then the Airtrain, and finally LIRR as per normal.
Old Jun 6, 15, 11:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by littlefish View Post
Just a heads up for BA and oneworld flyers.
The JFK Airtrain is not currently operating between terminals. Fed Circle to/from Jamaica is running (and no charge).
The lady I spoke to reckoned its back up sometime Monday.

A weird replacement bus system is in force. It looks a real pain to go T8 to T7, so those on that transfer may need to allow extra time and plan alternative means of getting to T7.

I was into T8 this morning and heading into town; so a scrum for the Group 2 replacement bus at T8 to Fed Circle, then the Airtrain, and finally LIRR as per normal.
Yes, I noticed this and forgot to mention it. Here is the official info http://www.panynj.gov/alerts-advisories/advisories-airtrain-jfk.html
Old Jun 6, 15, 11:27 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Slightly OT, but JFK T7 fast track security was also out of action yesterday evening, apparently something broken on the scanner. Wasn't too much longer via an ad-hoc priority lane created at main security. Hopefully it is back today for those travelling.
Old Jun 11, 15, 8:38 am

Programs: BA GFL, GGL/CCR
having just seen this - brought back the memory the time we attempted to walk from T7 to T8.

Didn't have a clue and got the airtrain in the end as we were running out of time.

Is there something obvious we missed ? Like a walkway or signs to look out for ? Or maybe there is a walking guide around JFK somewhere ?

I know someone once wrote up about 'running' at airports but cant locate that now.

It would be useful to know in any case just in case the airtrain stops again.
Old Jun 11, 15, 8:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I have looked at this a few times and I don't think there is any way to walk it. No pavements or paths in between. As you noted, T7 and T8 are next door to each other so an outisde walking route would be great, and a chance to get some fresh air before heading insde for another flight. Unfortunately you are forced to use the airtain.
Old Jun 11, 15, 8:53 am

Programs: BA GFL, GGL/CCR
Thanks KARFA - I just took a look at google maps and looks like you would have to cross the JFK expressway. It looks doable on the map from overhead.... but at street level is another thing...

In a few weeks I have quite a layover at JFK and shall see if I can do it and report back.

Tho, that does mean less time in the CCR....

Search this Thread
Search Engine: