772 vs 77W in F

Old Jun 3, 2015, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/2MM
772 vs 77W in F

I'm hoping that you will share with me your collective wisdom and experiences concerning the pros and cons of F service on the 12-seat 772 (with crew rest) versus the 77W.

My destination is Singapore -- I can take a relatively empty 772 to KUL (and have secured 1K and 2K) and then figure out a connection to SIN. Or I can take the later 77W service direct to SIN (I'd be able to get 1A and 2A if I made the switch now).

Setting aside the need for a connection, are there any factors which should sway me one way versus the other?

Thanks,
Bill
Old Jun 3, 2015, 3:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Not a lot other than the 77W is generally newer and fresher. But the first seat and service should be the same.#

Row one on the 777 isn't quite the pull as per the 747. Row 2 and 3 are in my opinion better.

I'd go direct.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I would go on the direct SIN flight which will have the lasted IFE system.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 3:49 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
SIN also has BA11 direct which is a 747 half the time and a 388 the other half. Both are good options in F.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 5:23 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
The 77W every time, IME (only one trip in F on the 773 multiple in the 772) the air seemed significantly damper in the newer aircraft, I felt far more fresh after 12 hours on the 77W than I have after 7 on the 772.

As otherwise mentioned the IFE is streets ahead too.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 6:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Much preferred the 77W on a recent outbound flight to Tokyo vs the 772 (with crew rest) on return. Hated constantly going in and out of the galley on the 772 to use the toilet vs the private curtained off toilet at the back of the 77W F section.

I would say however the seats and general wear and tear on my 77W were much worse than the 772 which I was surprised at given they are relatively new in the fleet - the footrest was totally worn and tatty and the seat back was covered in dents and chips!
Old Jun 3, 2015, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
At approximately equal fares and travelling in either F or CW a direct flight would always be preferable to indirect for me. I would even prefer CW direct to F indirect.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
A minor additional point to those raised above but on the 77W there's no traffic passing forward by fellow passengers using the toilets which are to the rear of the cabin. Well, no traffic once people have worked that out after trying to find them at the front first

I still prefer 1A.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.