Wiki Posts
Search

First class - what to expect?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2015, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ba exec silver

So, I will be travelling First class, for the first time.
I usually travel Pre-Eco or sometimes Business if I can get a decent upgrade price or avios redemption.

what should I expect in First class from getting to LHR T5 (journey starts there) all the way to the First Class cabin?

Thank you.
Old May 31, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

Enjoy your trip.

The best place to find all of the received wisdom on flying F is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13303132-post21.html
Old May 31, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Keep all expectations low to avoid disappointment!
Old May 31, 2015, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
What better way to find out than to read my recent trip report

Link in signature below.
Old May 31, 2015, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I'm waiting for you to finish it.
Old May 31, 2015, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

what baffles me is how on earth people manage to fork out that much for a ticket (and for CW). Sure, if you are lucky to have enough avios then great but generally its quite a lot.
Old May 31, 2015, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by firehawk
what baffles me is how on earth people manage to fork out that much for a ticket (and for CW). Sure, if you are lucky to have enough avios then great but generally its quite a lot.
Almost free ex DUB.
Old May 31, 2015, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

ex DUB? - whats that?
Old May 31, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
ex DUB? - whats that?
Buying a ticket that starts in Dublin.
Old May 31, 2015, 3:36 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
"Almost free" is a bit of a push for people worth less than £10 million or so, but luckily this is the BAEC forum and we're all the right kind of people here.
Old May 31, 2015, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

wow. just looked myself and you are right.
why such a difference even though you would be going through LHR? (i.e Dub to IAH)
Old May 31, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: BAEC
So, I will be travelling First class, for the first time.
I usually travel Pre-Eco or sometimes Business if I can get a decent upgrade price or avios redemption.

what should I expect in First class from getting to LHR T5 (journey starts there) all the way to the First Class cabin?

Thank you.
For those of us who live in the real world (rather than FT) I suspect you'll find a very significant improvement in F over J in terms of the lounge, seat, food, drinks and service.

As with any travel, things can go wrong and when they do they often end up being reported on here. Anyone who works in a customer facing business will have encountered exactly the sort of arse of an individual who loves nothing better than to hysterically complain about their experience for the sake of it. Take what you read on here with a large cup of salt and enjoy the experience in F: it is pretty good!

Originally Posted by RICK69
Almost free ex DUB.
Sadly either you or a mod deleted your link to your previous trolling thread before anyone could respond. Tickets are not almost free - they are still upwards of £1.5k in F which is significantly more than most people earn in a month. There is really no need to be condescending.
Old May 31, 2015, 3:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
DUB-IAH is a different market than LHR-IAH. Mileage flown has nothing to do with price. If BA could get the same or more for DUB-IAH as it can for LHR-IAH, you may be assured that it would charge that price. But, it can't.
Old May 31, 2015, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

it would be a bit of a waste and journey going from LHR to DUB then to LHR and then to IAH (or SEA) IMHO given my location. but it really does knock off a few thousand I must say.
Old May 31, 2015, 5:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
Tickets are not almost free - they are still upwards of £1.5k in F

£1.5k is a Good night out at Residence (Dublin) or A60 (New York).
Cheap as chips.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.