FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1684072-question-about-my-flights-app-service-ends-31-dec-2017-a.html)

Calchas Apr 9, 16 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 26460685)
And thank goodness you did. I was one of the early takers and purchased the iPhone App and then the iPad App - well worth every penny ^

It has been an invaluable tool for me and one I wouldn't like to be without. Thank you ^^

Agreed.

olando Apr 17, 16 5:05 pm

I just tried this app and note that it sends all requests and responses over HTTP with no encryption. Is there any chance this can be fixed as it's completely insecure as it is now.

schofs Apr 17, 16 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by olando (Post 26498538)
I just tried this app and note that it sends all requests and responses over HTTP with no encryption. Is there any chance this can be fixed as it's completely insecure as it is now.

Hi,
I removed the SSL from the iOS app recently as a number of users were having issues using it on this wifi connections. I'm planning to re-add it in as an option, defaulted to be on, but allow users to disable it if they find it doesn't work for them.

On a side note, passwords are never sent unencrypted. They never leave the device or are stored on the device in plain text.

olando Apr 17, 16 11:07 pm

I think you should maybe let people know you're sending PNR, name, FF#, flight info, etc in plaintext over the internet.

Calchas Apr 20, 16 6:10 am

Originally Posted by olando (Post 26499604)
I think you should maybe let people know you're sending PNR, name, FF#, flight info, etc in plaintext over the internet.

I agree .... this is rather concerning

If people are having wifi issues it's probably because they haven't logged on to the wifi yet.

MPH1980 Apr 20, 16 6:13 am

Originally Posted by olando (Post 26499604)

+1. I'm not comfortable with this.

I'll be removing the app until that's resolved.

The entire thing about wifi and the redirection to a 'agree' page is going to get far harder for consumers as more of the web goes SSL-only. People are going to see more and more certificate error pages (or downgrade attack pages).

schofs Apr 20, 16 7:25 am

Just to add, the web version is completely over SSL, so if you have any concerns, that one is encrypted.

The wifi issues people experienced were on their home wifi

schofs Apr 22, 16 10:06 am

I've submitted an update to Apple for approval to the App Store. When updated, it will default to SSL, which users have the option to disable in the Settings tab.

Should be live in about a week

schofs Apr 26, 16 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by schofs (Post 26520924)
I've submitted an update to Apple for approval to the App Store. When updated, it will default to SSL, which users have the option to disable in the Settings tab.

Should be live in about a week

The iPhone update has now been approved by Apple and will show on the App Store over the next 24 hours depending on your region

Physci Apr 26, 16 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by schofs (Post 26538277)
The iPhone update has now been approved by Apple and will show on the App Store over the next 24 hours depending on your region

Now live in the App Store. Updated Ok. Thanks

Is there an update to the iPad version?

MPH1980 Apr 26, 16 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by schofs (Post 26538277)

Good news. Thank you for listening to the concerns.

henkybaby Apr 26, 16 4:30 pm

^ Updated in the NL app store.

Jase76 May 10, 16 1:32 am

Originally Posted by Jase76 (Post 26449221)
Anyone had issues with BA bookings that are all other carriers (no BA flights, either operated or marketed)? I have two such bookings one is all AA and the other all LA. MyFlights has alerted me that these have been cancelled. When I check on BA.com, all is fine.

Both of my BA bookings (with no BA segments) are now linking back with MyFlights app. Whatever the IT issue was, it has now been resolved.

aidy May 10, 16 4:09 am

can we get an Android version too?

JohnnyColombia May 26, 16 4:45 am

Not a BA issue by definition unless maybe you are on a JAL Avios redemption.

If flying to Honolulu and probably LAX too, upcoming flights become past flights at the arrival time which is before the departure time. In my case I'm flying at 8.40pm to HNL from ICN and I arrive about 11 hours before I left. So since I woke up this morning my upcoming flight has been a past flight. Took me a while to figure out why it says flight completed already and that's because it's 6.44pm here and my flight ended at 9.40am also today.