Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2018, 3:16 am
Company Representative: MyFlights App

Programs: MyFlights GOLD :)
Originally Posted by percysmith
(For the purposes of this forum) Not a chance in hell British Airways (direct ticketing and/or Avios redemption) will ever sign this agreement even if we passengers paid for it is there?
I wouldn't imagine so - I suspect the red tape for large slow-changing companies would be epic.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 4:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
If Propeller were to sign up to the app, all my bookings will go to them. Be they cash, GUF, on BA or otherwise.
EDIflyer and msm2000uk like this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 4:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by rjn21
If Propeller were to sign up to the app, all my bookings will go to them. Be they cash, GUF, on BA or otherwise.
same, I already push some of my complicated itineraries through them and this would make me even more keen
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nufnuf77

same, I already push some of my complicated itineraries through them and this would make me even more keen
What's their handle here? Perhaps they may be willing to say what their view on the topic is.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by ringingup
What's their handle here? Perhaps they may be willing to say what their view on the topic is.
danielbk

Although I wouldn’t expect an answer in too much detail as surely that would be commercially sensitive between the two companies involved.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:51 am

I'll get in touch with Propeller and see if it's something they'd be interested in
Old Mar 17, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
My key requirement for a TA is that they are one of those who are able to use BA upgrade vouchers to put the upgraded itinerary into revenue classes. Partner with one of them and I am yours!
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Just a note to say that exporting your flight data is now available - sign into the web app, go to settings and Export data.

Data is in OpenFlights CSV format.

Cheers,
Chris
Globaliser, zat_dude and Oaxaca like this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 4:00 am

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
Originally Posted by schofs
Just a note to say that exporting your flight data is now available
Thanks Chris - you're a star!
Old May 31, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: BAEC
Can I just say how much I miss My Flights. This week I've had a seat change and a flight cancellation that would have been so much easier to deal with if it were still around (my flights are booked through my CTA, so I don't even have the choice to go through anyone else).

Everything else on the market sucks (even the one my employer owns).
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by mrvincent
Can I just say how much I miss My Flights. This week I've had a seat change and a flight cancellation that would have been so much easier to deal with if it were still around (my flights are booked through my CTA, so I don't even have the choice to go through anyone else).

Everything else on the market sucks (even the one my employer owns).
I miss it too! If your CTA is interested in MyFlights Travel Agent that could be an alternative though
MyFlights Travel Agent | Deliver the ultimate travel agent experience
Old Jun 3, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by MyFlights App
...If your CTA is interested in MyFlights Travel Agent that could be an alternative...
Please Propeller. Please? Hopefully Daniel K is considering it. As I said before, if Propeller were to sign up they would get all my bookings, be they BA or non BA, cash or GUF. I currently only use them for BA GUF.
EDIflyer and Cymro like this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by rjn21

Please Propeller. Please? Hopefully Daniel K is considering it. As I said before, if Propeller were to sign up they would get all my bookings, be they BA or non BA, cash or GUF. I currently only use them for BA GUF.
Yeah having his technology would definitely be a good reason to use a specific TA.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:57 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
I really miss MyFlights, as I was reminded when checking in for a flight to find that the E90 had been changed to an E70, scuppering my lovely 2D seat assignment...

The only upside was that it did prompt me to log in and download my flight data, just a reminder to others (who are as tardy as me) that you should do this before 30 June 2018.

Any advice on my best alternative, particularly for changes to schedule, seat and/or equipment? I have an EF premium subscription, but entering the details for equipment and schedule changes is tedious across so many flights. Will Tripit Pro give alerts reliably for these changes? I currently just use the free version, mainly to keep a list of my upcoming flights in one place. Any recommendations or other suggestions gratefully considered. BA is my most frequent carrier, but also fly a bunch of others including LCCs (a fair amount of U2).
Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:11 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Any advice on my best alternative, particularly for changes to schedule, seat and/or equipment? I have an EF premium subscription, but entering the details for equipment and schedule changes is tedious across so many flights.
Yes it's a pain for me too.
But with my ticketing patterns (a lot of CX/KA)
The only at-risk swap is a long-haul equipment for a short-haul flight at ticketing being swapped to regional. They're a relatively small subset of what I redeem/ticket.
I isolate all of those sectors and set up EF waitlists against them.

Will Tripit Pro give alerts reliably for these changes?
I thought not but happy to be proven wrong.

but also fly a bunch of others including LCCs (a fair amount of U2).
Can U2 be captured in Myflights? Are they Amadeus or?

Last edited by percysmith; Jun 26, 2018 at 4:30 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.