Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2016, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
I can't believe what a great crowd sourcing platform FT is. I cannot program my way out of a paper bag, but I have a (very busy) team of PHP developers I may try to ask for a favour if needed.

I know a few SCRUM gurus as well but they normally don't have spare time.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by BoeBus
I build apps and work with sql, php and more, daily, so happy to help out with this too.

If we can have a chat I'm sure I can put together an Android & Windows version relatively easily - PM me for details
I hope you are not forgetting about my exclusivity rights ("you'll be the first to use it") my friend!

safe travels back from HNL!
Old Apr 3, 2016, 1:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, BA Amex PP, Virgin Gold
Originally Posted by angeloedades
We just need a scrum master now to kick start the Android development

BoeBus ever used xamarin?

/AE
I've used it, but Cordova's faster to work with for me

Originally Posted by chris1979
I hope you are not forgetting about my exclusivity rights ("you'll be the first to use it") my friend!

safe travels back from HNL!
Haha! That other project is done, I just never built a UI for it due to time constraints. I also thought that from a cost perspective it wouldn't work out without a subscription model so parked it for a bit. You are still on the VIP list
Old Apr 7, 2016, 12:32 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Anyone had issues with BA bookings that are all other carriers (no BA flights, either operated or marketed)? I have two such bookings one is all AA and the other all LA. MyFlights has alerted me that these have been cancelled. When I check on BA.com, all is fine.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 12:40 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Originally Posted by Jase76
Anyone had issues with BA bookings that are all other carriers (no BA flights, either operated or marketed)? I have two such bookings one is all AA and the other all LA. MyFlights has alerted me that these have been cancelled. When I check on BA.com, all is fine.
Can you send me an example to support at myflightsapp.com? Also what does checkmytrip say about the booking?
Old Apr 7, 2016, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by schofs
Can you send me an example to support at myflightsapp.com? Also what does checkmytrip say about the booking?
Sent now for you.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I've had the same last night, twice. A LA booking booked via BA and a standalone one-way KL booking. Both still appear fine in CMT.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Jase76
Sent now for you.
Hi @Jase76 -are you definitely seeing this in Check My Trip? When I go into checkmytrip it says
9102 - The system is temporarily unable to process your request. Please try again. (9102)
My Flights uses the same APIs as Check My Trip so whatever is preventing CMT from seeing it is the same thing that's preventing My Flights.

@BA6501 - Are you able to see yours on checkmytrip.com? If so, can you email me your PNR/Lastname to support at myflightsapp.com
Old Apr 9, 2016, 6:31 am

Hi @Jase76 -are you definitely seeing this in Check My Trip? When I go into checkmytrip it says
You're absolutely correct, it's not showing in CMT now. Could have sworn it worked the other day when I checked, although it was saved in my account! It seemed bookings dropped off at different times. How very strange.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 7:55 am

Programs: BA (OW) - Silver (Sapphire), HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Platinum. Falling!!
I must say I find my flits excellent and use it daily, even better now can log into the website and see fare/taxes detail.

On ow bookings on ba ticket think this is more of aBA IT issue. For my latest booking has generated two pnr's (when I log into ba on the first one, it shows the second one) and both have all sectors in them (some shown as info only). Both work in my flights so have just added both. As it's an ex Eu amd booked under finnair code for extra tier points (tho less miles), I hope the first booking will enable online check in and the tier points for the TA reflect AY.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 7:59 am

Thanks.

I suspect the issue with the bookings with no BA flights but booked through BA is to do with where BA made the booking. I would expect they have an internal reference on their systems (as they booked it allowing them to pull it back when you search for it) but the main booking is probably held in Sabre if none of the flights are on Amadeus (e.g. AA flights).

It's just a guess tho.

The test for My Flights is always - if it works in Check My Trip, it will work in My Flights unless there's something I need to fix - they use the same APIs.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Just a short note to say I've been using the app for the last six months and thinks it's brilliant... Always get update emails from the app about plane changes etc well before the airline. Very useful for QR bookings who change the plane on the MAN flights frequently!
Old Apr 9, 2016, 9:57 am

Thanks guys - it's weird to think I wrote the app nearly 8 years ago just because BA kept shifting my seat around - I love that so many others have got use from it.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 10:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Thanks guys - it's weird to think I wrote the app nearly 8 years ago just because BA kept shifting my seat around - I love that so many others have got use from it.
And thank goodness you did. I was one of the early takers and purchased the iPhone App and then the iPad App - well worth every penny ^

It has been an invaluable tool for me and one I wouldn't like to be without. Thank you ^^
Old Apr 9, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
And thank goodness you did. I was one of the early takers and purchased the iPhone App and then the iPad App - well worth every penny ^

It has been an invaluable tool for me and one I wouldn't like to be without. Thank you ^^
Same here - brilliant app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.