Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:26 am

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
Just as an aside - hilariously (!) this link lets you see travellers' passport information if it is in the PNR, which somewhat compromises BA's wonderful new security protocol!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Why do the best apps always go first? I can only add numbers to the two messages that have been echoed so many times already: sad for Chris as it must be heartbreaking to have to end an adventure in which he’s put so much work and skill; and sad for myself: this was a stunning app for frequent flyers and I have become addicted over the years as I’m sure many have. It’s hard to imagine losing such an intuitive and helpful tool. Good luck with whatever other adventure you will be focusing on and let’s hope it’s still connected to the world of travelling!
Well said orbitmic. This is very sad, such a brilliant and informative app.
orbitmic and MyFlights App like this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
What a real shame, only just started to use this in the last 2 months and really liked the interface and readability of it vs. other flight detail apps and systems.
MyFlights App likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:51 am

... and just to add one further layer of disappointment, I just reinstalled CheckMyTrip (as an alternative for when MyFlights closes).

It always used to be the inferior sibling of MyFlights, but my goodness! The app is a slow, bloated mess, with the information you need buried away and adverts all over the shop. It’s also struggling to recognise some of my PNRs which MyFlights has no problem with at all. I can only hope it improves by 1 January...

Such a shame. As others have said earlier in this thread, this really feels like a backwards step for passengers.

(For what it’s worth, I would welcome the opportunity for MyFlights to live on in some capacity. Even without the Amadeus feed, it’s a really intuitive platform for keeping upcoming PNRs, e-ticket numbers etc. in one place, and also a great record of past flights.)
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Amadeus should employ @schofs to sort out CheckMyTrip ....
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by DrBernardo
Just as an aside - hilariously (!) this link lets you see travellers' passport information if it is in the PNR, which somewhat compromises BA's wonderful new security protocol!
BA's wonderful new security protocol?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
Amadeus should employ @schofs to sort out CheckMyTrip ....
they should just buy it (and employ schofs) and rebrand as CheckMyTrip ....
Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Chris , its been great.. Thanks..

Can you please flog the platform the BA so they can integrate it into their app? Please, pretty please......
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by DrBernardo
Just to echo this. Putting in additional functionality is probably the last thing you want to do at this stage, but if there were an easy way to add a button to the site which would allow us to download all our raw data in one dump - format doesn't even matter so much - that would be great!
Even just a simple data dump in a CSV file that could be uploaded to OpenFlights:

https://openflights.org/help/csv.html

Or any other suggested flight logging tools.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
A sad end to an excellent app, thank you Chris whilst it lasted
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:54 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by Jase76
I find that TripAdvisor does a good job of flight logging?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 2:27 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
I echo orbitmic's comments above. We in HK are very dependent on Myflights App to notify us when CX does an equipment change on us, wrecking our seat assignments. We would've specifically paid for that feature had Chris wanted to charge for it.

Originally Posted by MyFlights App
The service in its entirety will end on 31st December. My agreement with Amadeus is up for renewal then. For security reasons, the new service after this requires me to have an agreement (approval) from the company (e.g. travel agent or airline) that a booking is made with so I can access their data. This would mean many thousands of agreements which just isn't possible I'm afraid. There is no longer an option for one agreement to access data from any provider.
And also, if this applies to Myflights app, when can we expect it to apply to Checkmytrip also? Is Amadeus intending passengers to access their itineraries solely through airlines' apps and websites only?

If correct, is this an over-exaggerated and commercially driven interpretation of the GDPR?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by percysmith
And also, if this applies to Myflights app, when can we expect it to apply to Checkmytrip also? Is Amadeus intending passengers to access their itineraries solely through airlines' apps and websites only?

If correct, is this an over-exaggerated and commercially driven interpretation of the GDPR?
I wondered this...having researched GDPR for the business I'm currently in, it could well be related.

There must be a new opportunity here, I'd love to discuss with whoever has the same thoughts. I'm keen on apps and developing new ideas with technology. Although I'm sure MyFlights have looked at every opportunity to stay afloat. I wish them the best in their next endeavour.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Jase76
Even just a simple data dump in a CSV file that could be uploaded to OpenFlights:

https://openflights.org/help/csv.html

Many!

App wise there is TripIt and App in the Air - both of which are pretty good when you’re at the airport for getting notifications about delays, gate numbers etc.

Online there is JetItUp and my.flightradar24 for keeping a log of flights and stats after you’ve flown.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:48 am

Just a thought - will this be the end of using Finnair/Qantas/QR etc to change BA bookings?

If permission is going to be required to access the bookings - how many of those airlines will go about setting up the mutual access and then what about those smaller travel agencies?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.