Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2017, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I've had this a couple times. When an IB aircraft changes from e.g. A320 to A321, they move me from row 12 to row 9 to keep me in an exit row. IB e-mail me about it, but MF didn't update. Upon digging with IB I've been told the PNR shows "row 12, unconfirmed, row 9, confirmed".
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:30 am
Company Representative: MyFlights App

Programs: MyFlights GOLD :)
Originally Posted by BA6501
I've had this a couple times. When an IB aircraft changes from e.g. A320 to A321, they move me from row 12 to row 9 to keep me in an exit row. IB e-mail me about it, but MF didn't update. Upon digging with IB I've been told the PNR shows "row 12, unconfirmed, row 9, confirmed".
So as of last night, MyFlights Web (and MyFlights email alerts) will show this as "Seat 12A (Unconfirmed)" (with the Unconfirmed highlighted as the change).

Amadeus are looking into why the new number isn't showing, but for the moment this at least gives you the alerts that the seat that was confirmed no longer is.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:05 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Just for info.
I received a set of 4 alert this morning, with the highlighted "unconfirmed seat", 2 of them together with a couple of other minor changes.

They are all avios bookings on AA, and the "unconfirmed" relates to the old preassigned seats, changed right after booking on AA website.
On MMB on BA, as well on AA, the chosen seats seems ok.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by Lefly
Just for info.
I received a set of 4 alert this morning, with the highlighted "unconfirmed seat", 2 of them together with a couple of other minor changes.

They are all avios bookings on AA, and the "unconfirmed" relates to the old preassigned seats, changed right after booking on AA website.
On MMB on BA, as well on AA, the chosen seats seems ok.
Thanks. So presumably the original seats moved to Unconfirmed when they were changed to new seats.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by MyFlights App
Thanks. So presumably the original seats moved to Unconfirmed when they were changed to new seats.
Uh... not really, because the booking, and related seat changes, where made 9/10 months ago. The web app never showed the new seats for these bookings. I thought the reason was because the changes were made on AA, and even on BA MMB it took a while to reflect that.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by Lefly
Uh... not really, because the booking, and related seat changes, where made 9/10 months ago. The web app never showed the new seats for these bookings. I thought the reason was because the changes were made on AA, and even on BA MMB it took a while to reflect that.
OK - well hopefully Amadeus can shed some light on the data differences!
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:17 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Hi Chris, not sure whether you've seen this one before but it seems My Flights App can get a bit confused with connections.

My wife and I are both flying today but on different PNRs and to different places. I just received an email about her domestic that then refers to my connection in the email. Let me know if you want the details and I'll PM you the PNRs.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
And U class on LHR-MAN (on the web version at least) still shows Economy
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
Hi Chris, not sure whether you've seen this one before but it seems My Flights App can get a bit confused with connections.

My wife and I are both flying today but on different PNRs and to different places. I just received an email about her domestic that then refers to my connection in the email. Let me know if you want the details and I'll PM you the PNRs.
Thanks - this is on my list of things to resolve. As the flight monitoring monitors bookings marked as yours and others, I just need it to treat them separately for connections.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:00 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by MyFlights App
Thanks - this is on my list of things to resolve. As the flight monitoring monitors bookings marked as yours and others, I just need it to treat them separately for connections.
Ok thanks
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by BA6501
And U class on LHR-MAN (on the web version at least) still shows Economy
Ah - I didn't realise Amadeus weren't doing this already. I'll put in an override (I also have an override in place for Qatar R fares which amadeus thinks are economy)

I've made this change now. Let me know if there are any others that need updating.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Also revenue J and I bookings on domestic BA (don't know if they sell C or D as domestic business) currently show as economy.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by rjn21
Also revenue J and I bookings on domestic BA (don't know if they sell C or D as domestic business) currently show as economy.
All Club Europe booking classes show as Economy on domestics - it the same with CheckMyTrip too.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
All Club Europe booking classes show as Economy on domestics - it the same with CheckMyTrip too.
I've now made it so any BA flight in JCDRIU fare codes show as Business
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
CMT shows domestics booked in U, J and I as business for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.