Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Old Jun 2, 2016, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Greenpen
So why do you call yourself "fourspoons"? I know some people are born with a silver spoon in their mouth but four of them?
You're saying you were born with a green pen in your mouth?

Hopefully I wasn't born with a Greek seer in my mouth.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Chris has posted an update on the MyFlights Facebook page - it looks like Amadeus may acquiesce!

This has been an interesting week, and it's not even Friday yet. First off - thank you to everyone for their support - the number of supportive messages* through every medium has been overwhelming. And so in return I owe you an update.
The good news is that I've had some very positive initial discussions with Amadeus. It is early days, but there is I feel good intent to work towards a positive solution.
I'll update more as progress is made, but for now I'd say thank you to all those who have tweeted, emailed, AppStored and facebooked Amadeus requesting that they review the situation, but if they could now hold fire while we work out the next steps, hopefully we can work together for a win-win.
I'll keep you posted here on the Facebook page. Stay tuned.
Chris
*more than a thousand supportive messages, and one request for a refund because they only received 3 years of benefit for their 1.29 🙄

Last edited by armouredant; Jun 2, 2016 at 3:27 pm
Old Jun 2, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Sounds promising, let's keep our fingers crossed!
Old Jun 2, 2016, 2:47 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I haven't really commented much on this thread so far, but certainly my views on how indispensable I find myflights are clear in many other threads. I was looking at it today and the earliest booking I have dates from 2012 so I think I was a fairly early adopter. Since then it has been essential for me, especially in the last few years when I have often had upwards of 20 future bookings which I knew were continually monitored for changes by this brilliant, simple, but powerful app. Over the years I have recommended it on here many times, and it is great to have notifications and emails whenever something changes with a booking.

I do hope that the issues get resolved with Amadeus and we can use it again. As has been said by others, I am willing to pay for this app if needed as there is nothing out there that comes close to replacing it.

Good luck with the discussions with Amadeus!

Last edited by KARFA; Jun 2, 2016 at 3:11 pm
Old Jun 2, 2016, 2:51 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Fingers crossed for Chris
Old Jun 2, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Greenpen
So why do you call yourself "fourspoons"? I know some people are born with a silver spoon in their mouth but four of them?
Ha! It's an old nickname I acquired at university relating to how many sugars I (used) to take in my tea!

Over the years I have weaned myself down to one sweetener now but the name has stuck
Old Jun 2, 2016, 3:06 pm
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by KARFA
I haven't really commented much on this thread so far, but certainly my views on how indefensible I find myflights are clear in many other threads.
Indispensable?
Old Jun 2, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
I would also be willing to pay for this app
Old Jun 2, 2016, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by dsf
Indispensable?
Oh yes, sorry. Autocorrect failure. I'll correct my post. Thanks.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by KARFA
I haven't really commented much on this thread so far, but certainly my views on how indefensible I find myflights are clear in many other threads. I was looking at it today and the earliest booking I have dates from 2012 so I think I was a fairly early adopter. Since then it has been essential for me, especially in the last few years when I have often had upwards of 20 future bookings which I knew were continually monitored for changes by this brilliant, simple, but powerful app. Over the years I have recommended it on here many times, and it is great to have notifications and emails whenever something changes with a booking.

I do hope that the issues get resolved with Amadeus and we can use it again. As has been said by others, I am willing to pay for this app if needed as there is nothing out there that comes close to replacing it.

Good luck with the discussions with Amadeus!
20 upcoming bookings? I always suspected you were an amateur at all this!
Old Jun 2, 2016, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by chris1979
20 upcoming bookings? I always suspected you were an amateur at all this!
It's quite low atm. Not much booked beyond October. I also have about half a dozen bookings I can't add myflights.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 7:59 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
I would also be willing to pay for this app
Some of us did! And a very valuable tool it has been. I'd have no hesitation in re-purchasing it.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:14 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Price it the same as EF - US$99.99/year!
Old Jun 3, 2016, 6:14 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
MYFLIGHTSAPP IS BACK!!!! Well done Schofs
Old Jun 3, 2016, 6:19 am

Yes, as posted on the book of face a few minutes ago:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.