FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1684072-question-about-my-flights-app-service-ends-31-dec-2017-a.html)

Calchas Jun 2, 2016 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Greenpen (Post 26718569)
So why do you call yourself "fourspoons"? I know some people are born with a silver spoon in their mouth but four of them?

You're saying you were born with a green pen in your mouth?

Hopefully I wasn't born with a Greek seer in my mouth.

armouredant Jun 2, 2016 2:13 pm

Chris has posted an update on the MyFlights Facebook page - it looks like Amadeus may acquiesce!

This has been an interesting week, and it's not even Friday yet. First off - thank you to everyone for their support - the number of supportive messages* through every medium has been overwhelming. And so in return I owe you an update.
The good news is that I've had some very positive initial discussions with Amadeus. It is early days, but there is I feel good intent to work towards a positive solution.
I'll update more as progress is made, but for now I'd say thank you to all those who have tweeted, emailed, AppStored and facebooked Amadeus requesting that they review the situation, but if they could now hold fire while we work out the next steps, hopefully we can work together for a win-win.
I'll keep you posted here on the Facebook page. Stay tuned.
Chris
*more than a thousand supportive messages, and one request for a refund because they only received 3 years of benefit for their £1.29 🙄

headingwest Jun 2, 2016 2:27 pm

Sounds promising, let's keep our fingers crossed!

KARFA Jun 2, 2016 2:47 pm

I haven't really commented much on this thread so far, but certainly my views on how indispensable I find myflights are clear in many other threads. I was looking at it today and the earliest booking I have dates from 2012 so I think I was a fairly early adopter. Since then it has been essential for me, especially in the last few years when I have often had upwards of 20 future bookings which I knew were continually monitored for changes by this brilliant, simple, but powerful app. Over the years I have recommended it on here many times, and it is great to have notifications and emails whenever something changes with a booking.

I do hope that the issues get resolved with Amadeus and we can use it again. As has been said by others, I am willing to pay for this app if needed as there is nothing out there that comes close to replacing it.

Good luck with the discussions with Amadeus!

Tiger_lily Jun 2, 2016 2:51 pm

Fingers crossed for Chris

fourspoons Jun 2, 2016 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Greenpen (Post 26718569)
So why do you call yourself "fourspoons"? I know some people are born with a silver spoon in their mouth but four of them?

Ha! It's an old nickname I acquired at university relating to how many sugars I (used) to take in my tea!

Over the years I have weaned myself down to one sweetener now but the name has stuck

dsf Jun 2, 2016 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 26719078)
I haven't really commented much on this thread so far, but certainly my views on how indefensible I find myflights are clear in many other threads.

Indispensable? :)

Grande Annee Jun 2, 2016 3:10 pm

I would also be willing to pay for this app

KARFA Jun 2, 2016 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by dsf (Post 26719169)
Indispensable? :)

Oh yes, sorry. Autocorrect failure. I'll correct my post. Thanks.

chris1979 Jun 2, 2016 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 26719078)
I haven't really commented much on this thread so far, but certainly my views on how indefensible I find myflights are clear in many other threads. I was looking at it today and the earliest booking I have dates from 2012 so I think I was a fairly early adopter. Since then it has been essential for me, especially in the last few years when I have often had upwards of 20 future bookings which I knew were continually monitored for changes by this brilliant, simple, but powerful app. Over the years I have recommended it on here many times, and it is great to have notifications and emails whenever something changes with a booking.

I do hope that the issues get resolved with Amadeus and we can use it again. As has been said by others, I am willing to pay for this app if needed as there is nothing out there that comes close to replacing it.

Good luck with the discussions with Amadeus!

20 upcoming bookings? I always suspected you were an amateur at all this! :D

KARFA Jun 2, 2016 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by chris1979 (Post 26719201)
20 upcoming bookings? I always suspected you were an amateur at all this! :D

It's quite low atm. Not much booked beyond October. I also have about half a dozen bookings I can't add myflights.

Tobias-UK Jun 2, 2016 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Grande Annee (Post 26719196)
I would also be willing to pay for this app

Some of us did! And a very valuable tool it has been. I'd have no hesitation in re-purchasing it.

percysmith Jun 2, 2016 8:14 pm

Price it the same as EF - US$99.99/year!

msm2000uk Jun 3, 2016 6:14 am

MYFLIGHTSAPP IS BACK!!!! Well done Schofs

KARFA Jun 3, 2016 6:19 am

Yes, as posted on the book of face a few minutes ago:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-o...3_13_17_48.jpg