Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any chance of front cabin for Blue status?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2015, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, VS
Any chance of front cabin for Blue status?

I am booked in CW for LHR-LAS. This route has the 747 with OF sold as CW seating.

I have Blue status so only paid seat booking for me at this stage. Is there any chance of the front cabin being available for a lowly Blue at T-24 (or even T-72)? If not I might bite the bullet and pay the £85 for 63A/K upstairs. Any thoughts?

Peace of mind versus possibly wasting money and maybe missing out on a better seat. Umm, dilemmas!
Old May 27, 2015, 3:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Does the front cabin open at t-72 like the gold seats on a short haul aircraft?

I've managed to secure myself one on the way out to LAS, but i decided on UD on the return leg, having flown it many times before i decided that 64A (until booted, now K) was a better bet for sleeping.
Before i had silver, i never found much trouble getting an UD seat, there was always something available. This was even more true on the return leg. twice had 64A open at T-24.

This would still be of use to me as family are on a separate booking, so they're stuck until t-24, although i have paid for UD for them on the return leg. If the front cabin opens up at t-72 looks like i will be paying for seat selection on the outbound leg also.
Old May 27, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: BA Silver, Amex Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I was travelling back from LAS last month. Asked about front cabin availability at the check in desk and there was a single unallocated seat available.

Didn't book it as was travelling as a couple.
Old May 27, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Managed to bag front cabin at T-24 as a Blue in March this year. It actually turned out to be NF seats sold as CW on that flight (LHR - YUL), so that was a very nice surprise! Plane wasn't full, but there were plenty of people sitting in CW (even though I think I counted two free seats in the NF section).
Old May 27, 2015, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Godot
It actually turned out to be NF seats sold as CW on that flight (LHR - YUL)
Do you mean YVR (Vancouver)? I don't believe YUL (Montreal) is served by 747s...
Old May 27, 2015, 7:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by Genius1
Do you mean YVR (Vancouver)? I don't believe YUL (Montreal) is served by 747s...
Not served by 747s and hasn't had F for years. All OF sold as CW routes previously had F and are now reverting to proper F cabin. I did F to YVR last week.
Old May 28, 2015, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by Genius1
Nope, definitely YUL. There's never normally a F option to Montreal (hence why the NF seats were being sold as CW), but I'm guessing that for whatever reason they had to sub in a different plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.