Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Chiller broke down, no breakfast for whole plane

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2015, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP

They gave out these "Please accept our apology" forms - should I expect to hear anything? (I'm surprised in this day and age they are still doing this on paper to be handed or mailed in - no online option.)
Old May 27, 2015, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You can go online is you want, but when we give out the proactive letters in such cases as yours all the forms will be handled together and BA will know exactly what happened rather than your enquiry being handled as a one off and an investigation carried out.
Old May 27, 2015, 5:33 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Curious to know c1mth0g what flight this was on, the flight length and if it a 2 meal service or just one.

Just wondering if there were some components of the meal they could have served if they were part of the delivery, like a muffin or croissant etc.

Did they serve anything at all? Drinks and nibbles?
Old May 27, 2015, 5:36 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
I wouldn't anticipate compensation higher than about £7.50 because that's all I'd value breakfast at, particularly East Coast USA to London night flights. They really aren't a highlight, even in CW.
Old May 27, 2015, 5:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Possibly a lucky escape
Old May 27, 2015, 5:51 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

On a domestic I got 4,000 Avios recently for no breakfast. Essentially, it's a free flight.
Old May 27, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
I assume this was on last nights BA25.

Bit of a food fail for me, thought I'd be ok going for the steak with the A380 steam oven but it was the worst I've ever had, and then no breakfast!
Old May 27, 2015, 6:08 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by paul4040
On a domestic I got 4,000 Avios recently for no breakfast. Essentially, it's a free flight.
BA clearly value their breakfast higher than I do. Even at 1p per avios which is a figure touted around, that's £40. Recently, I booked a reward flight for 4,000 avios that was selling for over £200. I shall savour breakfast on board in future. I had no idea it was worth so much
Old May 27, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

I know right! I'd have the £40 over a breakfast any day.
Old May 27, 2015, 6:23 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
The breakfast might have actually been more palatable if was the dreaded breakfast box with the rock solid cold croissant in it!
Old May 27, 2015, 6:24 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
4000 Avios must be some sort of fixed amount. Two weeks ago they were short of one kosher meal LHR-TLV in Club World. I was dozing early in the flight so they gave the two that were loaded to the other passengers who had ordered. They found me a spare WT+ meal (which was not bad, but far less than the CW offering) and by the time I had arrived home from the airport I had an apologetic email and 4000 Avios waiting for me.
Old May 27, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: BAEC: Gold, HH:Diamond, Marriott: Platinum, IHG: Diamond Ambassador
I was on this flight too - wondering if the vouchers were handed out to all passengers to just F/CW?
Old May 27, 2015, 8:09 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
No breakfast in CE on LCY-DUB got me 4500.
Old May 27, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Originally Posted by adfg
I was on this flight too - wondering if the vouchers were handed out to all passengers to just F/CW?
Proactively handed out in CW on the upper deck
Old May 27, 2015, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
I was wondering how pro-active I needed to be (eg do the blue forms just disappear into bureaucratic hell and I'm lucky if I hear anything in 6-8 weeks).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.