Old May 22, 2015, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

JFK LHR - first time in F, 10pm departure

What should we expect? pajamas?

Planning to arrive in plenty of time to enjoy the lounge at JFK

What else do we need to plan on?
Old May 22, 2015, 10:15 pm

Programs: LH HON
Champagne, PJ and then you're supposed to sleep (depending on the mood of the crew). It's a really short flight anyway. Enjoy CCR!
Old May 23, 2015, 12:34 am

Presumably you get fed as well?
Old May 23, 2015, 1:05 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Food - plenty in the Ccr. It is a short flight and rarely do people eat on board such a late departure.
Old May 23, 2015, 1:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by ordflyboy
What should we expect? pajamas?

Planning to arrive in plenty of time to enjoy the lounge at JFK

What else do we need to plan on?
The full First Class service is available, both dinner and breakfast is there if you want to partake and of course the bar is open for the duration.

The choice is yours, enjoy the full First experience or sleep ... ... or anything in between. Enjoy ^
Old May 23, 2015, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If decide not to sleep do consider that most of the cabin will and won't thank you for lots of noise and light pollution.
Old May 23, 2015, 2:30 am

Fortunately very comfy eyemasks are provided in F, so if you want to enjoy the services included in your F ticket, like a full meal, bar and IFE, don't let that worry you. I hope you enjoy your flight.
Old May 23, 2015, 2:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
A lot of the above is ridiculous. You are in F. You will not be expected to have champagne and sleep. You can enjoy the full dining experience and breakfast and stay awake if you please.

Those who wish to sleep will have their beds made and eyemasks will keep the light out. It is a shared cabin, there is no curfew, and no one person has the right to dictate what someone else wants to do in their own seat.

There is a full catered menu and breakfast selection. Having done it a few times, I can assure you people do dine on the 10pm flights.
Old May 23, 2015, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Enjoy as much or as little of the service as you wish…

The crew will do what they can to minimise the disruption to other customers, however, you are also booked in the First cabin, and as entitled to have the full product if you wish.
Old May 23, 2015, 5:59 am

Indeed your first F is always a bit special - don't be swayed by other travellers who think the world should work to their agenda.
Old May 23, 2015, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by BHDATC
A lot of the above is ridiculous. You are in F. You will not be expected to have champagne and sleep. You can enjoy the full dining experience and breakfast and stay awake if you please.

Those who wish to sleep will have their beds made and eyemasks will keep the light out. It is a shared cabin, there is no curfew, and no one person has the right to dictate what someone else wants to do in their own seat.

There is a full catered menu and breakfast selection. Having done it a few times, I can assure you people do dine on the 10pm flights.
^^^
Old May 23, 2015, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quite the opposite - I was suggesting that your agenda shouldn't affect others! Nor did I suggest they should sit in silence just be a little aware of others needs when enjoying themselves.
Old May 23, 2015, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Quite the opposite - I was suggesting that your agenda shouldn't affect others! Nor did I suggest they should sit in silence just be a little aware of others needs when enjoying themselves.
Yes… Quite.

Enjoy the product, the food, drink and entertainment… But, as everyone on an aircraft should, be it day or night, just be mindful of others desire to sleep… The crew will do whatever you wish in terms of service, and they will do their best to also minimise any disruption to those sleeping immediately adjacent to you, so don't worry about it and have a lovely flight.
Old May 23, 2015, 6:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by BHDATC
... I can assure you people do dine on the 10pm flights.
... and indeed even on the BA182 last flight out at 22:55, the flight I usually take (if not on the BA178 morning departure). Even on such a late flight it is not unusual for passengers to have a late supper and few drinks ... or a full meal service.

Enjoy your first First, and have whatever service it is you wish for. As it is likely the majority of the passengers will go to sleep very shortly after takeoff you'll likely find the crew to be especially attentive ... you'll prevent them from getting bored!
Old May 23, 2015, 7:05 am

If decide not to sleep do consider that most of the cabin will and won't thank you for lots of noise and light pollution.
Well, you did seem to infer that others should not dine for your convenience, or at the very least they should do so in darkness!

If not, may I ask, how would you prefer that your fellow passengers should enjoy the full F experience on this service, so as not to disturb you with 'lots of noise and light pollution'?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.