Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is BA001 Club World London City worth it now?

Is BA001 Club World London City worth it now?

Old Jun 8, 16, 7:42 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
Thanks for the replies, didn't realise BA03 didn't have the pre-clearance.

That makes an easy decision then! Trip Report incoming (in about 6 months )
Old Jun 8, 16, 7:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
I certainly wouldn't bother now that I have Global Entry. It was kind of a fun thing to do a couple of times, but there's no time advantage when I can just stroll off any flight and through the US border

Also, I never found the Babybus seat that comfortable but I was snug as a bug in a rug in my 7E cocoon on the 777 the other day...
Old Jun 8, 16, 9:22 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
I certainly wouldn't bother now that I have Global Entry. It was kind of a fun thing to do a couple of times, but there's no time advantage when I can just stroll off any flight and through the US border

Also, I never found the Babybus seat that comfortable but I was snug as a bug in a rug in my 7E cocoon on the 777 the other day...
To each their own, I would always take the Babybus over a 777 (or a LD 747) for the seat alone.
Old Jun 8, 16, 9:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sts603 View Post
To each their own, I would always take the Babybus over a 777 (or a LD 747) for the seat alone.
Fair enough, we're all different

But I was really surprised at how cosy I was in a middle seat with both screens up and direct aisle access ahead of me (I was facing the rear bulkhead).

Not quite as good as the 64K (UD) I had a couple of weeks previously but still good enough to be my "go to" seat when I next fly the 777...
Old Jun 8, 16, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by LondonAndy View Post
Are you sure that's possible? When the service originally launched it was possible to UUA (or actually upgrade using miles, it was that long ago!) but after a while they closed that loophole on the basis that there wasn't a WT+ cabin to upgrade from.....
Yes. The Lloyds' voucher doesn't work like UUA. It's a pure mileage ticket, simply discounted. You just get charged the WT+ price for CW (or WT price for WT+). You only need availability in the cabin you're booked into.

UUA seems to need the dual availability because there is an underlying revenue fare, and you need to have availability in the lower cabin to book that.
Old Jun 21, 16, 4:04 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
The Lloyds upgrade voucher excludes flight from LCY...

It does show when you search for it on avios.com although I'm guessing it'll stop at some point or it will let you book it and they'll call to cancel it.

Always read the small print kids!
Old Oct 10, 17, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
With the catering upgrades on LHR-JFK, just re-asking the question that started this thread. Is BA001 Club World London City worth it now?
Old Oct 10, 17, 8:58 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony View Post
With the catering upgrades on LHR-JFK, just re-asking the question that started this thread. Is BA001 Club World London City worth it now?
I did wonder that when I booked using my Lloyds voucher for next March. I live near LCY so it's convenient, but that's about all it is now. The crew are usually very nice, but poor entertainment system, a not very comfortable seat and a longer flight time do make me wonder if I should have gone with a schlep to LHR.

Any word on the how it's doing with only one flight a day?
Old Oct 10, 17, 9:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by chistery View Post
I did wonder that when I booked using my Lloyds voucher for next March. I live near LCY so it's convenient, but that's about all it is now. The crew are usually very nice, but poor entertainment system, a not very comfortable seat and a longer flight time do make me wonder if I should have gone with a schlep to LHR.

Any word on the how it's doing with only one flight a day?
I didn't realise you could use the Lloyd's upgrade voucher on this service with there being no WT+.
Old Oct 10, 17, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony View Post
I was on BA1 on Thursday a couple of weeks ago. There were IIRC 12 pax on board.

I thought the food was the usual high quality as per the other BA1's I've done.

I can't say how it compares to the new LHR-JFK catering as I've not experienced that but i was certainly miles better than the previous catering!
Old Oct 10, 17, 9:06 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
I thought about it for my last trip actually. But essentially only for the novelty value. And once my boss ended up on same trip it was more straightforward to go from LHR.

Oddly, I am much nearer LHR than he, and he's much nearer LCY. I imagine I'll do it one day. Probably keener to do outbound than return. Is it pricier generally to mix it?

I didn't actually know about the bonus TPs until reading this today, otherwise I may have tried it earlier. What was the bonus?
Old Oct 10, 17, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Pascoe View Post
I didn't actually know about the bonus TPs until reading this today, otherwise I may have tried it earlier. What was the bonus?

There used to be a TP bonus in that the CWLCY flight was given them at the F rather than CW rate (so 210 rather than 140)
Old Oct 10, 17, 9:40 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
That would almost certainly have swayed me on occasion

Search this Thread
Search Engine: