Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is BA001 Club World London City worth it now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is BA001 Club World London City worth it now?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
In reality, there isn't much connection traffic on this service, I'm often the only passenger doing it. I use it for SFO and PHX, it's very well timed if starting at EDI.
That's a salient point - there is very little connecting traffic at all.

And yes it better start from T7 whilst my tentative grip on a CCR Card continues
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Like others, I find the quality of service on CWLCY generally better, although food is hit and miss. That Lamb I had last time was dreadfully overcooked.

Is it worth going out of the way for now there's "only" 140TP? No. It may have been when it was 210TP.

Does Preclearance in SNN save time in total. I would say generally not. Given that the aircraft must fuel enroute anyway, then preclearance is a good use of time while that is happening, but door-to-door I don't believe CWLCY is quicker unless you're in Canary Wharf anyway. In the other direction, JFK-LCY it is a different matter altogether.

I do agree however that landing at T8 after preclearance and US security would make it a major advantage. This would enable MCT to be reduced and enable more hassle-free JFK connections without requiring AirTrain and T8 security. But there again, with the number of passengers doing AA to BA in JFK, there is a lot to be said for both collocating in a single terminal anyway.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA; SELECT TA; BAEC Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond; IHG Plantinum Amb
I much prefer the BabyBus - I do find the service generally better and the food consistently great as well. My preference may well be skewed by the fact I live under 15 minutes away by cab from LCY and so can get to the airport about 30 minutes before departure without any worries. I also enjoy the service at JFK T7 check-in and gate which (although often very minimal interaction) is always pleasant and, I've always assumed, given by special services (given the lack of "uniform").

The extra tier points were great, but I'll continue choosing it over other options - even, normally, if I'm heading elsewhere in the US
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by sleeptalker
Hopefully a one-off, but we were led the wrong way on disembarking at JFK and ended up in the main immigration hall. Much confusion ensued, but the immigration staff were great in sorting things out pretty efficiently - a frustrating 20 minute-ish delay, however.
Friday 22nd? If it wasn't then not a one-off!
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:14 am

Programs: BAEC
It'd be great if BA1 landed into LGA - that would make it an amazing flight. No Van Wyck. Easy connections to the rest of the east coast. Closer to Manhattan. I appreciate BA have no ground handling there but if distance restrictions are lifted on LGA this would make the flight a winner for me, even if they cut the TPs further still!
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
It'd be great if BA1 landed into LGA - that would make it an amazing flight. No Van Wyck. Easy connections to the rest of the east coast. Closer to Manhattan. I appreciate BA have no ground handling there but if distance restrictions are lifted on LGA this would make the flight a winner for me, even if they cut the TPs further still!
Nothing to do with BA.
There is some strange rule that only flights under x miles can use LGA.

I know AA flight LGA to ORD and DFW but not further that. All LAX/SFO/LAS flights are to JFK (or EWR) not LGA. AA's MIA flights are also JFK based. Not sure about Delta's MIA flights.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
Originally Posted by KenJohn
Nothing to do with BA.
There is some strange rule that only flights under x miles can use LGA.
Yup, as noted in my post. But they are considering lifting these.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Friday 22nd? If it wasn't then not a one-off!
Yes, it was the 22nd. So hopefully it won't happen again!
Old Jun 8, 2016, 5:26 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
Sorry to bump an old thread...

Got a Lloyds upgrade voucher expiring soon and after all my searching it looks like the best use of it will be on the Babybus.

Is BA0001 still preferred by FT over BA0003? A friend went on it recently and wasn't too fussed about it but I think he was just being picky.

Just think it would make it a little more interesting than having the same dry bacon rolls in T5
Old Jun 8, 2016, 5:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by yokozuma

Got a Lloyds upgrade voucher expiring soon and after all my searching it looks like the best use of it will be on the Babybus.

Is BA0001 still preferred by FT over BA0003? A friend went on it recently and wasn't too fussed about it but I think he was just being picky.

Just think it would make it a little more interesting than having the same dry bacon rolls in T5
BA1 is preferred because BA3 doesn't have preclearance, but still has the SNN stop for refueling. Therefore there's not a timing advantage on this service, unless maybe you live next to LCY. The quality of service is the same though, and BA3 may be more convenient if you want to connect from elsewhere - a number of people have missed BA1 when flying in delayed from DUB beforehand.

Is it possible to use an upgrade voucher on the Babybus, being that there's no WT+ seats to upgrade from? I have no experience of this voucher so it may be that a TA is able to book and apply it or something, was just wondering.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by yokozuma

How does a Lloyds Upgrade Voucher work on the Babybus? Do you book WT or WT+ ?
Old Jun 8, 2016, 6:00 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
How does a Lloyds Upgrade Voucher work on the Babybus? Do you book WT or WT+ ?
You only need availability in CW, but pay the avios for WT+
Old Jun 8, 2016, 6:21 am

It's a fun thing to do if you haven't tried it before. And I'd definitely pick BA1 over BA3 as pre-clearance makes a big difference.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 7:05 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chistery
You only need availability in CW, but pay the avios for WT+
Are you sure that's possible? When the service originally launched it was possible to UUA (or actually upgrade using miles, it was that long ago!) but after a while they closed that loophole on the basis that there wasn't a WT+ cabin to upgrade from.....
Old Jun 8, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
Are you sure that's possible? When the service originally launched it was possible to UUA (or actually upgrade using miles, it was that long ago!) but after a while they closed that loophole on the basis that there wasn't a WT+ cabin to upgrade from.....
Well I was surprised when my Lloyds voucher appeared a few weeks ago and I went to use it and the LCY CW flights were listed, as LCY flights are explicitly excluded in the T&Cs

I ended up booking a flight from LHR, but if I selected BA1 it showed the price of a WT+ Avios ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.