Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Junior Jet Club alumni

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2015, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Betteronacamel
Nice hard blue covers with BOAC embossed in gold on the front.

Introduction page feat. Captain N V Bristow.
Same here. Got it on a BOAC VC10 flight in January 1972 from London to Perth as a young boy immigrating to Australia.

My brother was allowed into the cockpit on that flight, but I was deemed too young. I cried non-stop for about an hour I think (sorry to any FTers who happened to be on that flight).

A few years later I got my wish, being invited into the cabin of a TAA 727 (yeah, I know - not quite as good as a VC10) as we approached Adelaide.

Wonderful memories.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm quite jealous - I didn't fly until I was an adult when I became enthralled and hooked. My daughter (7 yo) is now on her second logbook. We keep it up to date and it has led to some lovely interactions with BA pilots and 1st officers who always take time out (on the LH flights at least) to return the logbook and visit the wee one. Quite often there is an invitation to the cockpit once landed.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Me too....

Originally Posted by Doddles
Same here. Got it on a BOAC VC10 flight in January 1972 from London to Perth as a young boy immigrating to Australia.

My brother was allowed into the cockpit on that flight, but I was deemed too young. I cried non-stop for about an hour I think (sorry to any FTers who happened to be on that flight).

A few years later I got my wish, being invited into the cabin of a TAA 727 (yeah, I know - not quite as good as a VC10) as we approached Adelaide.

Wonderful memories.
Well, the wife actually... flew HLR to SYD via a very tortous route with several changes. Got the logbpok, badge and also a certificate for "Crossing the line of the equator". Unfortunately all got binned when her parents died.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, *A Gold
Junior Jet Club alumni

Ah fond memories, will have to dig mine out also, used to fly to Hong Kong in the 70's via Athens, Bahrain , Rangoon, etc still remember the tin box we used to get full of sweets like picnic bars, marathons and Mars bars
Old Nov 18, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA Blue, BD*G, UA 3P, VS Silver
Another JJC Member here....still got my log book, but not pin unfortunately. Have also managed to get skyflyers books for my kids too, although unfortunately they don't record the aircraft reg on some of them!! I left my original JJC log book on a United flight in the states when I was 9...thankfully they sent it back to me in the UK!!
Old Nov 18, 2015, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Skywards
Another JJC member here, Africa and Hong Kong in the 60's and early 70's. God it took a long time to get to the Far East in those days.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 2:47 pm

I was a member of the Junior Jet Club in the 50's through thr 60's, sadly I dont have my book or badge anymore. I think my parents threw it out in the 70's! Is this alumni still active?
Old Oct 30, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: ex BD(LG),HH(D),SPG(P)/(LG), BA(G)
JJC member from late 60's through to early 80's.

Loved the flight deck visits from a very young age right the way to late teens, on pretty much every BA flight I went on. Best aircraft - VC10 by a mile.

Spent most of an LHR-HAM in the flight deck once, returning to my seat just in time to be belted in by the time we crossed the runway threshold....imagine that today?!
Old Oct 31, 2016, 3:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was a member of the JJC from the mid-70's onwards. My family moved to Dubai when I was a baby, so we did quite a bit of flying back and forth and I remember lots of trips to the flight deck. I seem to recall that the captain in my log book was a concorde pilot, can't recall his name though, or find the log book
Old Oct 31, 2016, 4:25 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Another JJC here from the late 60's.

Lived in the US at the time and we used BOAC and Pan Am between US, UK and Australia.

Sadly log book and wings long gone.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
This just reminded me of a story that I think will appeal...

Back in the early 80's, BA ran a competition on the local commercial radio station in Newcastle, to coincide with I think the delivery of their 737 fleet. The prize was a day trip to Heathrow and my brother only went and won it.

Ironically we ended up on BAC1-11's on both flights rather than 737s, but I got to sit in the jump seat for take off, my brother got the seat for landing at Heathrow and my Dad was along for the ride, too.

We had a few hours watching the planes on the roof of the Queen's Building, before taking a mid-afternoon flight back home.

Now for the JJC bit - my brother was "comped" the gold badge (two wings) as a result of winning the competition.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
I think I was a member of both JJC and Skyflyers kids, I'm a late 70s child myself but flew from an early age as my dad was a BA pilot. I bumped into one of the log books a while back sifting through some junk my Mum gave me but I can't for the life of me remember where I put it.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 11:33 pm

Still have & get signed

Hi, My parents signed all us kids up in rhe JJC back in ghe 60s. Im the only one in my family that still has it and gets it completed by the Captain for every international flight. I've had to add pages to it myself but its still going strong.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
I missed this thread at the time, but I joined in 1963 and still have my log book (somewhere)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.