Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Best J class one world partner to Singapore?

Best J class one world partner to Singapore?

Old May 17, 2015, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Having just literally got off a Qatar Airways A380, I can vouch for the bed. It is very comfortable and about 8 x more comfortable than CW. However, the short flight from London is not conducive for sleep.
Old May 17, 2015, 4:19 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by LondonElite
I'm not sure I really agree with this. From memory, the only QR flight DOH-HKG leaves early in the morning, meaning that you either have to take a LHR-DOH flight that similarly arrives early (which means not great sleep on such a short overnight sector) or you have a night to DOH if you take away service. I'd much rather a proper lingual LHR-HKG, where I can sleep for eight hours and still have a meal, followed by a decent enough regional J offering for the shortish hop to SIN.

But YMMV.
The OP is going to SIN, not HKG.

Dave
Old May 17, 2015, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Bronze. Skywards: Silver
Thanks guys for all your feedback, I will book on SQ as they do have a legendary service and are direct. Hopefully I can get back with those points otherwise I'll have to book a one way trip using cash!
Old May 18, 2015, 12:16 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by thadocta
The OP is going to SIN, not HKG.

Dave
Good point. I blame the wine. Issue remains the same however, unless you want to swap planes in DOH in the middle of the night.
Old May 18, 2015, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by dood125
Hopefully I can get back with those points otherwise I'll have to book a one way trip using cash!
SQ allow you to purchase up to 50% of the points needed for the fare when you book the reward - which surely must be cheaper than a cash oneway ticket!
Old May 18, 2015, 1:22 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
If you book this out of LHR on SQ, I'd recommend that you take a flight on the 777 as opposed to the A380. The J seat is considerably better.

Having flown BA F in 1K and SQ J in 11A within 2 weeks of eachother, I have to say I would take the latter over the former in a heartbeat.

Although, if you're short of miles why not fly from AMS? only 60k per person o/w - 15% for booking online, plus you pay less taxes and fees.
Old May 18, 2015, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
QR, CX, JL, MH and finally BA.
I would put BA way ahead of MH's 333 seats, which are both slanted and hard as rocks. I've never tried MH's 388 seats.
Old May 18, 2015, 1:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA lifetime gold, Marriott Rewards platinum
One more vote for BA over MH, although I do enjoy the satay sticks on MH. Also, if restricted to One World, isn't BA the only direct option?
Old May 18, 2015, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by DFB_london
Finnair without a doubt if you are booking for a period once the a350 goes on the route
I just flew both AY and BA to SIN in C - AY wins even with their old A340.

The distance flown is nearly the same (just 150 mi longer via HEL) and the price is nearly half less. HEL is a breeze to transit.

Of course there might be some religious argument about flying from HEL to SIN or from SIN to HEL
Old May 18, 2015, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by hillrider
I would put BA way ahead of MH's 333 seats, which are both slanted and hard as rocks. I've never tried MH's 388 seats.
Why mention the A333 for MH? At the moment, MH only flies A380 between LHR and KUL. The A380 has lie flat horizontal seats.

Mind you I find MH F rather hard as a bed myself, but then, I do like a hard bed.

SQ hands down irrespective of C or F.
Old May 18, 2015, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by Jermyn

Although, if you're short of miles why not fly from AMS? only 60k per person o/w - 15% for booking online, plus you pay less taxes and fees.
AMS - SIN SQ J is 60k krisflyer miles each way? Or is that the partner redemption rate for avios?
Old May 18, 2015, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Bronze. Skywards: Silver
Originally Posted by Jermyn
If you book this out of LHR on SQ, I'd recommend that you take a flight on the 777 as opposed to the A380. The J seat is considerably better.

Having flown BA F in 1K and SQ J in 11A within 2 weeks of eachother, I have to say I would take the latter over the former in a heartbeat.

Thanks, i will look into that aspect further.

I would have thought that the A380 J seats on SQ were better than the 777. What the key difference you have found between 777 and A380 seats?

Also, just checked their site and it seems the planes have been refitted with a new J class product. Is that correct for this route (AMS-SIN)?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.