Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When do the bassinet seats open?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2015, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA SILVER!! (After 7 years of trying...)
When do the bassinet seats open?

Hello!

Can anyone tell me when the bassinet seats (if not taken) open up for selection?

I thought I'd read T-72 but on checking my flight, they seem to be blocked still.

Just wondering whether this means they're taken or I need to come back later.

Thanks!
Old May 17, 2015, 3:09 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It is T-72'ish, but you typically need to call up, but only after the aircraft type has appeared in the seat map of MMB (top area). Online only works at T-24, with a bonus availability to those of us in the "Regions" with connecting flights, since we can nab them before the London passengers.

You can tell, generally, if you apparently appear able to select the bassinet seat, but then it turns out that it doesn't stick on your booking.
Old May 17, 2015, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Ok, thanks. I'm on the BA App right now, will take a look at MMB on laptop!
Old May 17, 2015, 3:12 am

It seems to be late morning/ lunchtime three days before in my experience, rather than related to the time of the flight.

The seats should appear as available in MMB but disappear when you try to move yourself.
Old May 17, 2015, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Ooh ooh, seeing then open now but as you say, unable to select. As a lowly Bronze (for one more flight!) what number do I need to call?
Old Feb 25, 2016, 10:47 am

Does anyone know how it works with an inbound flight, e.g. ex-US? Is it 3 days before the departure at GMT?
Old Feb 25, 2016, 10:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by DG55
Does anyone know how it works with an inbound flight, e.g. ex-US? Is it 3 days before the departure at GMT?
It's 3 days beforehand in the 96 to 48 hour span, but at the UK lunch time in that window. I sometimes feel that the scheduler who do this try to get it out of the way before heading to the canteen, but I'm only speculating.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:53 am

My flight is on sunday so i'm assuming that means it is now bound to open up friday at around lunchtime GMT? (e.g. 48 hours before departure, london time)
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:56 am

My flight is on sunday so i'm assuming that means it is now bound to open up friday at around lunchtime GMT? (e.g. 48 hours before departure, london time)
Worth checking Thursday as well, just in case. Friday would be the latest.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 12:00 pm

I assumed thursday was a no go since lunchtime UK has already well passed, unless you think its worth checking lunchtime US?
Old Feb 25, 2016, 12:08 pm

I assumed thursday was a no go since lunchtime UK has already well passed, unless you think its worth checking lunchtime US?
Ah ok, it wasn't clear to me when you were travelling. Next time to check will be something like 11 to 14 hrs GMT on Friday. If the seat shows as available you then need to call the Service Centre to actually try to get the seat, which may or may not be fruitful.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold
My current (Thursday) flight back from Toronto opened up Monday if that helps?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.