Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO Lounge options

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2015, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL & GfL, HHons Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, IHGSpire Elite, Kimpton Inner Circ
SFO Lounge options

Whilst it is good to see the plans for SFO lounge to get it's much needed upgrade, with the A380 putting serious strain on current capacity pro temp, what do members think are the best options in the interim? I am flying in F on the 286 tonight and want to get some work out of the way before I return. I my view the F space there has always been less than optimal.

I see people are being directed to the CX lounge although some reports suggest that is not much better. I am tempted to pay the $50 to use the Amex Centurion lounge having previously liked their facility at Las Vegas.

Also if I head out to the airport early, say 1pm am I likely to have difficulties checking my hold luggage?

Thoughts and guidance much appreciated
Old May 16, 2015, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I would just head to the BA Flounge. The centurion lounge is good but it is up to you if it is $50 good, under your circumstances it may well be.
See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...2014-a-28.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/san-f...-sfo-best.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/san-f...located-4.html
Old May 16, 2015, 12:51 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
The Centurion lounge gets very good reviews, so I'll be visiting but it's free for me. If you're getting there early, it's probably good value.
Old May 16, 2015, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL & GfL, HHons Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, IHGSpire Elite, Kimpton Inner Circ
Thanks for the prompt responses. What I had not realied was that to get to the Centurion lounge I should have gone through the security for Gates G91 to G102 rather than A1 to A12 which is the opposite side of the international teminal to the BA check-in. Having gone through security once I would have needed to exit, go through the G gates security and then back through A security before boarding.

Decided to make do with the BA F space. Good news for the future is according to the check in agent the work to relocate the reception from the lounge level to the terminal apparently starts in the next couple of weeks. I was told this will release more space to the F area althought there are no current dates for when the rest of the work starts
Old May 17, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: United Platinum
Also have a quick SFO Lounge question -

We're flying CW on the A380 in 3 weeks. Flight is at 7pm. What kind of food can we expect for CW pax in the lounge around 5:00 pm? I like to eat something before boarding in case I don't like the food on the plane.

Thanks!
Old May 17, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
SFO Lounge food is not great either in the first lounge or the main room. Soup, Sandwiches and the odd chopped vegetable. If you want a light snack its all fine but not enough for me to get me through a 10-11 hour flight.
Old May 17, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: United Platinum
Originally Posted by danboy767
SFO Lounge food is not great either in the first lounge or the main room. Soup, Sandwiches and the odd chopped vegetable. If you want a light snack its all fine but not enough for me to get me through a 10-11 hour flight.
Hmm... perhaps we should just eat in the terminal then...
Old May 17, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by danboy767
Cheese and crackers, fruit and crisps too but soup is the only hot option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.