Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA baggage check-in deadline in Denver

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2015, 8:25 am
Original Poster

BA baggage check-in deadline in Denver

Hi, everyone. I have just bought a transatlantic ticket departing from Denver on BA (ticketed by AA on their codeshare flight number). I've flown on BA once, twenty years ago, but I imagine things have changed a bit since then.

I am looking at the check-in instructions on my itinerary on the BA site:

• ba.com online check-in opens 24 hours before departure and closes 1 hour before departure. Check in online, print your boarding pass or collect from a Check-in Desk, then take bags to a Bag Drop. If you have checked in with another Airline or at another Airport prior to this BA flight, see an Agent at Gate to ensure we have your details.
  • Self-service checkin not available.
  • Airport desk check-in opens 5 hours before departure and closes 2 hours before departure. Location - Terminal West, Level 6, inside door 600. If you have checked in Bags with another Airline or at another Airport prior to this British Airways flight you MUST see an Agent at the Gate to ensure we have your baggage details.
There isn't a clear statement there about Bag Drop hours, as opposed to desk check-in hours. Should I understand that the real deadline for bags is 1 hour before departure if already checked in online, or the 2 hours before departure when desk check-in closes? If the latter, would BA typically continue to process passengers who are standing in line at the 2 hour mark, or send them away to be rebooked?

Thanks very much for sharing your advice and experience.
Old May 14, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
I can confirm from personal experience that check-in and the bag drop desks close 1 hour prior to departure on the dot!
Old May 14, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: DL, UA
Yep, flew from Denver last week. 1 hour exactly.
Old May 14, 2015, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Great - thanks. It sounds like the normal international travel strategy of checking in online at T-24h and aiming to be at the airport at T-2h will work in this case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.