Wiki Posts
Search

If BA Understood Irony...

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2015, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
If BA Understood Irony...

I was almost dumbstruck that James (no surname needed) latest email blast has so little to talk up about BA flights, that he's taken to advertising the benefits of AA transatlantic flights. Surely having to do this should be telling someone at BA that the competition (or partners) are leaving them behind in terms of service offerings?

Enjoy Transatlantic Wi-Fi on every American Airlines flight between London Heathrow and New York JFK. In addition to Wi-Fi, whilst on board American’s 777-300, you’ll find fully lie-flat seats with direct-aisle access in First and Business Class and all cabins can enjoy inflight entertainment with up to 250 movies and 180 TV programmes.
Old May 13, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC silver
Given that Mr we know who is up selling the Atlantic joint business partnership, it is not so ironic. But yes they do have better hardware in the cabins it must be said.
Old May 13, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Oh how the mighty have fallen...
Old May 13, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
he should have started with:

Given our 747s are so filthy and clapped out we recommend that you try American's cleaner and newer aircraft..
Old May 13, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
A cork on the table in Club World? Very premium. Who approves this rubbish?
Old May 13, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by Genius1
A cork on the table in Club World? Very premium. Who approves this rubbish?
And why is the chap in the CW seat still wearing his jacket? It should have been taken from him at the start...
Old May 13, 2015, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paul4040
And why is the chap in the CW seat still wearing his jacket? It should have been taken from him at the start...
Perhaps he's on the A380 in the freezer section
Old May 13, 2015, 7:55 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by BA0197
Oh how the mighty have fallen...
Originally Posted by Lolbert
he should have started with:

Given our 747s are so filthy and clapped out we recommend that you try American's cleaner and newer aircraft..
I suppose the JV is set up so both make money no matter who you fly ?

Maybe they are afraid that BA CUSTOMERS may bolt to VS ?
Old May 13, 2015, 10:38 pm

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, Hilton Diamond, EuroBonus Gold for Life, SPG Plat Elite
Certainly looks like the middle seat, row 51, upstairs in the A380. But there must be no-one sitting in the aisle seat as otherwise the FC would have no way of getting that close to serve him.
Old May 14, 2015, 2:16 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
BA don't care whether you fly AA across the pond; they split the revenue!

In fact they may prefer it as they get half the revenue with none of the cost
Old May 14, 2015, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer
BA don't care whether you fly AA across the pond; they split the revenue!

In fact they may prefer it as they get half the revenue with none of the cost
There is an AA campaign on the tube at the moment which tells you to fly them, rather than a competitor, because they have direct aisle access.

Someone at AA needs their head examining. They are spending a huge amount of money tempting passengers from BA, just to hand over half of the ticket spend to BA anyway - and eat all the marginal costs themselves!
Old May 14, 2015, 2:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
There is an AA campaign on the tube at the moment which tells you to fly them, rather than a competitor, because they have direct aisle access.
Yes, I saw the ad.

Old May 14, 2015, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Raffles
They are spending a huge amount of money tempting passengers from BA, just to hand over half of the ticket spend to BA anyway - and eat all the marginal costs themselves!
I see this written quite a bit. Have you lot seen the joint agreement, or has BA publicly stated that this is the case, where all monies are split 50/50? So even in the theoretical case where 100% of people fly AA on a particular route, BA would still get 50% of the revenue?
Old May 14, 2015, 3:07 am

Programs: Meh
Pathetic really.
Old May 14, 2015, 3:09 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Originally Posted by Paralytic
I see this written quite a bit. Have you lot seen the joint agreement, or has BA publicly stated that this is the case, where all monies are split 50/50? So even in the theoretical case where 100% of people fly AA on a particular route, BA would still get 50% of the revenue?
I'm obviously not going to reveal the exact revenue split but if you fly Transatlantic on BA/AA/IB/AY, all 4 get different slices of the pie.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.