FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Where in the world am I? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1679568-where-world-am-i.html)

highlander100 May 13, 15 3:16 am

Where in the world am I?

I'd like to propose a new thread/game called "Where in the world am I?" Its aim is to truly weed out the travel geeks among us and shower them in all their glory:D:D:D Assuming this keeps going, the winner will be awarded annually and bestowed with the true knowledge that they are a true flyertalk BA geek.

It’s very simple, just follow as below:
  1. Take an obscure photo of a BA location you are currently in (or have visited recently)
  2. Post on this tread and add a clue (if you feel it’s required)
    The goal is then to be the first person to correctly guess the location.
  3. The OP confirms who has the first correct guess
  4. The OP updates the win to the Wiki
    If the winner has not won before, their name is entered and the post date/time they won is added below. If the winner has won before, the date and time of the post they won is added below their name.
    USER NAME
    Location guessed, Photo post #, time guessed in.
    etc. etc
  5. To try and keep it further within the remit of the forum, I think double points should be awarded in the event that the OP can get a BA logo into the photo without giving the game away.
  6. Multiple guesses are allowed, but must be turn about with other members and at least 10 mins apart
  7. Please try and keep it to 1 live photo at a time.

I'm always happy to change/edit the rules as people see fit(trying to think of an easy way to award more points if it’s a hard one. Perhaps more points after a time period has elapsed????

I would be grateful if someone could start the Wiki on my behalf as I haven't reached the required level.

I've put one up to kick it off

highlander100 May 13, 15 3:17 am

One to start.
http://s18.postimg.cc/3mcghrt2h/ihone_13_5_15_067.jpg
image hosting over 2mb

corporate-wage-slave May 13, 15 3:25 am

Singapore Changi Airport?

dcmike May 13, 15 3:26 am

Singapore Changi Airport is my guess.

Darn - CWS beat me to it!

Sam Bee May 13, 15 3:27 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 24807766)

You beat me by minutes! Presuming we're both right.

highlander100 May 13, 15 3:30 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 24807766)

The winner goes to CWS, 8min's??? Looks like we're going to have the step up the hardness level:D:D:D

JB7 May 13, 15 3:42 am

What will the rule be on multiple answers? Is it one go and you're out, or can you have follow up attempts? Perhaps that would be allowed as long as someone else has made an attempt in the meantime?
And presumably it's only 1 'live' photo at a time?

Stewie Mac May 13, 15 3:45 am

tricky one

As I'm not sure when BA ever flew here... but this was in the DF area!

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5451/1...8727d659_z.jpg

highlander100 May 13, 15 3:48 am

Originally Posted by JB7 (Post 24807809)
What will the rule be on multiple answers? Is it one go and you're out, or can you have follow up attempts? Perhaps that would be allowed as long as someone else has made an attempt in the meantime?
And presumably it's only 1 'live' photo at a time?

I think you're allowed multiple goes within reason like so say, so long as its turn about and say ~10mins apart.

and yep 1 live photo at a time makes sense.

I'll update the first post(nearly at 90 to do the wiki)

KARFA May 13, 15 3:48 am

I am guessing both ba97 and the lounge meet up thread are going to be very useful for this game :)

highlander100 May 13, 15 3:54 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 24807825)
I am guessing both ba97 and the lounge meet up thread are going to be very useful for this game :)

Haha, that had crossed my mind, but queensberry rules must apply.

corporate-wage-slave May 13, 15 4:08 am

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac (Post 24807816)
As I'm not sure when BA ever flew here... but this was in the DF area!

Durban Airport? In which case I've flown there on BA, around 1998 time. (Hopefully I've got this wrong, else I'll get banned from this thread!).

irishguy28 May 13, 15 4:11 am

Why does this thread need a wiki?

darthlemsip May 13, 15 4:13 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 24807866)

For the reasons stated in the opening post?

highlander100 May 13, 15 4:13 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 24807866)

To keep score. Will update the first win when i get to 90 posts