Wiki Posts
Search

Renewing Gold status

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2015, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Renewing Gold status

My membership year runs June-June. Living in the EU but outside the UK, the TPs needed to renew Gold was stated on my BAEC homepage as 800 since renewal in June '14 until last week. When I logged in to my account on 9 May I found the threshold had gone up to 1500! In case it was a computer 'glitch' I tried again this morning but it is still 1500. It looks like I have been enhanced!

I have a snow ball's chance in Hell of earning 600 TPs in a month. I don't think making a big TP threshold change four weeks before it takes effect is acceptable. I know that Silver and Gold thresholds are being progressively aligned but I have not had any warning either in general or about my own account directly from the BAEC. What should I do? An e-mail to Mr Hillier perhaps?
Old May 10, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Numerous threads on this.
Latest one here : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ship-year.html
Old May 10, 2015, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gcuk
Numerous threads on this.
Latest one here : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ship-year.html
Thanks. It seems BA couldn't care less about moving the goal posts. In some cases I only spent money on BA tickets this year as opposed to cheaper fares offered by other carriers in an attempt to retain Gold. Adding this to the devaluation of Avios I will be using BA in future if they are the only option. I feel I have been conned!

Last edited by winchpete; May 10, 2015 at 9:45 am
Old May 10, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by winchpete
I feel I have been conned!
As someone who lives in the UK and has always had the 1500 TP target for Gold I feel exactly the opposite .
Old May 10, 2015, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by matthandy
As someone who lives in the UK and has always had the 1500 TP target for Gold I feel exactly the opposite .
Ha, ha. I don't have a problem with 1500 TPs as threshold for Gold as I realise that is what most people have anyway. What I do have problem with is being told about a change 11 months into my membership year.
Old May 10, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
I thought EU members were written to a couple of years ago about this?
Old May 10, 2015, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by winchpete
I don't think making a big TP threshold change four weeks before it takes effect is acceptable. I know that Silver and Gold thresholds are being progressively aligned but I have not had any warning either in general or about my own account directly from the BAEC. What should I do? An e-mail to Mr Hillier perhaps?
Don't waste your time. It was announced at least 3 years ago.

I would imagine BAEC pages have been updated as the grace period and the extended grace period have all run out.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...hresholds.html
Old May 10, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold
You really didn't know about this? Really?

I can agree with the confusion of the website. Mine only updated end of last week. However, this change is 3 years old and should have been enforced last year.

Submit a complaint to BA and let us know what they say.
Old May 10, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by OldHigsonian

Submit a complaint to BA and let us know what they say.
Yes, but give BA a grace period of three years from when they first read about it.
Old May 10, 2015, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Come on, you had a few good years out of it after it was announced. I'lll bet you dinner at La Cigale that you had an email about this ca three years ago.
Old May 10, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I wonder when someone reach the threshold for gold currently for european residents is 800 tier points and shift his address to the US, would that action affect his status and BA will require him to get more tier points?
Old May 10, 2015, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I wonder when someone reach the threshold for gold currently for european residents is 800 tier points and shift his address to the US, would that action affect his status and BA will require him to get more tier points?
The threshold is 1500 for everyone now. There isn't anyone left on the old 800 arrangement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.