G–ZBKR Delivered
G–ZBKS Delivered

Print Wikipost

BA's 787-9

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I agree it would make things clearer and avoid disappointment.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
I too had the same experience Ex-CAI. 788 changed to a 789. They opened F up for J PAX 2 days before then closed it down again and redistributed everyone which is a really cr*p thing to do.
I have had this random “curtain roulette” happen to me a few times as well, most often to my benefit thankfully, but I still don’t understand how changing people to F seats, and then changing back is a cr*p thing to do? You pay for a cabin, then you should expect to fly that cabin. I love OpUps (either class or seat configs) as much as everyone else on here, but don’t understand why you feel cheated? I can understand people being upset about a downgrade, but not an Seat OpUp that changes...

Last edited by LondonCanuck; Sep 28, 2017 at 1:47 am
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:30 am

Lon - Del

Sorry to revive a dead thread but I was planning on going to Delhi because the 787-9 is supposed to be the aircraft they use for this route. However, when searching for avios redemption on the ba website as well as various flight data sites it states the aircraft is a 777? Anyone have any info on this please?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Aircraft change from session to session, when are you looking?
Abdul Qahar likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Abdul Qahar
... I was planning on going to Delhi because the 787-9 is supposed to be the aircraft they use for this route. However, when searching for avios redemption on the ba website as well as various flight data sites it states the aircraft is a 777? Anyone have any info on this please?
Aircraft types on routes do change. I don't know where you got the information that DEL is supposed to have the 789. The information about DEL in the wikipost to this thread seems to date back to flights in August 2016, so many changes could have happened on the route since then. I think that at present, there's a mix of 747s and 777s (one each per day), and then it'll be double-daily 777s from the end of March.

If ba.com and other sites are telling you that 777s are planned for your flight dates, then they are almost certainly correct about that.
Abdul Qahar likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Aircraft types on routes do change. I don't know where you got the information that DEL is supposed to have the 789. The information about DEL in the wikipost to this thread seems to date back to flights in August 2016, so many changes could have happened on the route since then. I think that at present, there's a mix of 747s and 777s (one each per day), and then it'll be double-daily 777s from the end of March.

If ba.com and other sites are telling you that 777s are planned for your flight dates, then they are almost certainly correct about that.
thanks for the reply

its stated here

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...boeing-787#787

however, when going on to book it states 777. As you stated it must’ve changed and they haven’t updated the page.

Is the 777 F experience inferior to the 787-9? Or would they offer the same experience? As shown in the 787-9 ba webpage
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I don't know where you got the information that DEL is supposed to have the 789.
BA do list it as such: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/flight-information/boeing-787

But presumably the website has not been updated (and they make the caveat about operational changes anyway, so all somewhat moot I guess....)

Edit: beaten to it.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:13 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Abdul Qahar
Is the 777 F experience inferior to the 787-9? Or would they offer the same experience? As shown in the 787-9 ba webpage
The 787-9 in F is an improved product over the 777. It is far more private.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 3:28 pm

I am booked for next March in Club on a 789 flight from LHR-HND. mmp is showing the seat map including First seats within the Club inventory (assume Firstis being removed from Tokyo route). Row 1 is showing as available, when I click to book there I get an error message. Have called Exec club and they state they are blocked for ‘Crew Rest’. Am I right in thinking that the 789 has crew bunks, is it likely that these will be used for Crew rest or released as Flub seats?
Old Sep 11, 2020, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by victairinternational
I am booked for next March in Club on a 789 flight from LHR-HND. mmp is showing the seat map including First seats within the Club inventory (assume Firstis being removed from Tokyo route). Row 1 is showing as available, when I click to book there I get an error message. Have called Exec club and they state they are blocked for ‘Crew Rest’. Am I right in thinking that the 789 has crew bunks, is it likely that these will be used for Crew rest or released as Flub seats?
If First is not being sold, the First cabin will only be used as overspill from Club World if the Club World cabins are full.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.