Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gatwick Lounge. Enjoy the Zoo.

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)

I've just walked out of the Business lounge at LGW. I visit every three weeks or so - I thought I knew what I was letting myself in for. However, after pouring myself a water, I realised that the only place to sit was on the floor or on one of the tables. I've never seen it so busy.

The airport itself doesn't seem too choka, and there is plenty of space here in the No.1 lounge. I guess I'll save myself the trip upstairs on my next visit.
Old May 1, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: BA Silver
Was there really no seats available in the BA lounge, or was it the usual situation where a significant number of the seats were occupied by people's bags and/or coats?
Old May 1, 2015, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
Originally Posted by Paralytic
Was there really no seats available in the BA lounge, or was it the usual situation where a significant number of the seats were occupied by people's bags and/or coats?
Maybe 4 seats spare in total. They hadn't been reserved by bags.....I get enough of that on my commute on Southeastern trains.
Old May 1, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

Bank Holiday weekend...so no surprises there I'm afraid. I always resolve never ever to use LGW during traditional holiday periods!
Old May 1, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
And presume Terraces was about to get busier when any pax in the Flounge were evicted at 15:00...
Old May 1, 2015, 8:41 am

Just come into UK through Gatters from Dubai. It does seem to be busy in the terminal today, presumably due to BH weekend.
Old May 1, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: BA GGL (but soon to lose the GL :-(), IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Dmnd (and pleb/pleb-plus in 1001 others)
I got shunted into the business lounge at 3pm. Whilst gnarly is correct about how busy it is, it has to be said it's probably quieter than the First lounge was when I arrived just after 2pm.

Unfortunately my 15.50 departure is currently showing 16.40, but it's changing every couple of minutes so I may have to take up a seat for some time to come yet.
Old May 1, 2015, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flibbly
I got shunted into the business lounge at 3pm. Whilst gnarly is correct about how busy it is, it has to be said it's probably quieter than the First lounge was when I arrived just after 2pm.

Unfortunately my 15.50 departure is currently showing 16.40, but it's changing every couple of minutes so I may have to take up a seat for some time to come yet.
I'll see you on BA2644 then!
Flight has been delayed by the aircraft going tech on the jersey run.

Last edited by gnarly; May 1, 2015 at 9:48 am
Old May 1, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
Perhaps BA could implement one of their handy PEAK/OFF-PEAK calendars to keeping the FLounge open beyond 15:00.
Old May 1, 2015, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Flythe96flag
Perhaps BA could implement one of their handy PEAK/OFF-PEAK calendars to keeping the FLounge open beyond 15:00.
Exactly though, with BA's brilliant idea of closing a lounge at some of the busiest times... plus GF pax have a choice of forfeiting their remaining allowed time in GF or going into a different lounge after being kicked out meaning that they are last to get access to seats... nice choice...
Old May 1, 2015, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Oh delicious irony.

Thanks for flying BA. We'd like to ask you 3 questions about your experience. Network charges may apply. Smartphone? http://tell-ba.com/Wm27 To Stop SMS Txt Stop. Did you visit a lounge? Reply 1 for First, 2 for Terrace, 3 for No lounge.
Old May 1, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Friday afternoon does seem to be a bad time for the LGW lounges.

Doesn't bode well for the future.
Old May 1, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Even the CCR is pretty busy....
Old May 1, 2015, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
GF pax have a choice of forfeiting their remaining allowed time in GF or going into a different lounge after being kicked out meaning that they are last to get access to seats... nice choice...
There will always be turnover of seats as people leave to get their flights so I don't think you will be last.

Although maybe a 3pm tannoy announcement: "please be ready to give up your seat for the disabled, elderly or Gold card members".
Old May 1, 2015, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
In fairness (did I say that?] this is a completely off-the-park weekend for Lounges. As are some others, of course.

As a couple, it's difficult to get seats together the rest of the year, but that's a different subject.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.