Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

"Function I'd love to have on BA.com or BA App..."

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:34 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance

There are a few functions I'd like to have on BA.com and/or BA App, so I thought I'd start a thread where we can post on what we want to see there, and why it'll be useful.

As an OP (not as a mod) I'm setting a couple of ground rules for participating in this thread:

1) Please only post about NEW function that you'd like to see on BA.com or BA App (and not on general BA policies etc).

2) NO complaint about the functions that are already there but not working please.

3) Please, NO post about reward availability or status benefits etc

Right, I'll start.
  • A function that displays individual flights in the date/time order regardless of the departure date of the first flight in the booking.

WHY? I have a so many flights crossing each other due to my plans changing that I cannot keep track of them easily by referring to BA.com. Not that I can keep track of all my flights there, but it will help me to double check that I have not made a major booboo with my bookings for a start.

A very simple list of flights in date/time order, e.g. date, time, flight number, arrival date/time, cabin and seat assignment will do.

• A function during booking process that quickly and easily displays the fare class in the initial fare display (even if I need to click on the fare to avoid confusing those who are not familiar with the fare code etc).

I'd also like the function to easily pick the fare class I want, e.g. being able to pick D instead of I.

WHY? Under normal circumstances I find it quicker to work out the fare conditions I want from the fare classes than waiting to see the text-based change conditions on a later screen. Also, I may not want C but would like D instead of I for better flexibility, and to be able to pick the specific one on the screen may be beneficial.

As I don't chase Avios or TPs, working out the flexibility quickly is my primary reasons but it could also be useful for those who are wanting to avoid booking certain fare classes that earn fewer Avios or TPs.

How about your 'wish list'?

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Apr 30, 2015 at 2:15 am
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:04 pm

Programs: All the best ones.
Its lazy, but I would like to have automatic checkin. UA has allowed automatic checkin for return flights for years.
Once checkin for a flight opens I wish the app would automatically generate an electronic boarding pass that goes straight to my wallet for use.

An interesting idea would be to link each departing flights information to an airport map, so that the app can produce a map of the airport showing the locations and fastest real-time route guidance to the lounge, departure gate, or luggage carousel. Clearly this is of limited value at familiar airports, but could help avoid needless treks and people getting lost around unfamiliar ones. My selfish reason for wanting this function is because of all the flights I've been on that were delayed, to off-load the bags of passengers, who failed to board the flight prior to the gate closing.

Last edited by Peter M; Apr 29, 2015 at 11:33 pm
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:05 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

I'd like a tool to help the whimsical traveller. You enter a budget, a date and a length of stay, and it'll show on a map which destinations are available and for what price.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:14 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
There are a few functions I'd like to have on BA.com and/or BA App, so I thought I'd start a thread where we can post on what we want to see there, and why it'll be useful.

As an OP (not as a mod) I'm setting a couple of ground rules for participating in this thread:

1) Please only post about NEW function that you'd like to see

2) NO complaint about the functions that are already there but not working please.

3) Please, NO post about reward availability or status benefits etc

Right, I'll start.
  • A function that displays individual flights in the date/time order regardless of the departure date of the first flight in the booking.

WHY? I have a so many flights crossing each other due to my plans changing that I cannot keep track of them easily by referring to BA.com. Not that I can keep track of all my flights there, but it will help me to double check that I have not made a major booboo with my bookings for a start.

A very simple list of flights in date/time order, e.g. date, time, flight number, arrival date/time, cabin and seat assignment will do.

• A function during booking process that quickly and easily displays the fare class in the initial fare display (even if I need to click on the fare to avoid confusing those who are not familiar with the fare code etc).

I'd also like the function to easily pick the fare class I want, e.g. being able to pick D instead of I.

WHY? Under normal circumstances I find it quicker to work out the fare conditions I want from the fare classes than waiting to see the text-based change conditions on a later screen. Also, I may not want C but would like D instead of I for better flexibility, and to be able to pick the specific one on the screen may be beneficial.

As I don't chase Avios or TPs, working out the flexibility quickly is my primary reasons but it could also be useful for those who are wanting to avoid booking certain fare classes that earn fewer Avios or TPs.

How about your 'wish list'?
I could argue that both of your requests violate your own rule #2, in that you need them because the list of all of your bookings and the booking process itself is a bit broken. But I'll give you a free pass since its your thread.

As another poster said, automatic checkin at T-24 would be nice, though I would often prefer T-48 like some of the Asian airlines offer. The reason for T-48 is that would typically allow for checkin in multiple tickets for very long journeys that are sometimes put together because a route isn't offered for sale as one ticket.

I would like a view showing the expected tier points for all of my existing bookings, and a way to add my non-BA OW itineraries for this purpose. And if they did implement your proposed view for all bookings, I'd want to be able to import them for that as well. Though you could argue that services like tripit handle this reasonably well.

Perhaps a mechanism for setting reward availability alerts. For example, something like what you can do with expertflyer for other airlines, or with award nexus.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Rather odd timing of this thread as I just finished taking a survey about this very subject.

o I would like to see push notifications in upgrade offers, such as the one that currently exists in MMB.
Originally Posted by dylanks
Perhaps a mechanism for setting reward availability alerts. For example, something like what you can do with expertflyer for other airlines, or with award nexus.
+1, I think if BA could setup this platform it would be great!

H
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I'd like a mute button to mute the DYKWIA's talking loudly on their telephones in lounges
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:00 am

Programs: All Expired... :-(
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
A function that displays individual flights in the date/time order regardless of the departure date of the first flight in the booking.
This! Why does every single app/service try to group flights into "trips".

I have managed to get this working using the old version of Mobiata FlightTrack Pro, which integrates with TripIt. TripIt insists on grouping flights into "trips", but the FlightTrack Pro app just shows the flights on their own in date order. Unfortunately, you can't buy the old version any more, and the new insists on grouping things into "trips".

The "trip" model breaks with the first multi-leg or nested flight that you have - and surely the poeple who would use these apps the most are more likely to have these complicated routings than anyone else?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:07 am

Programs: BA Silver
Pricing for individual legs of a multi-city booking. Currently you have to pick all the flights you want, and then see what the price is... and then go back and change some to see what difference that makes to price - ridiculous.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
In MMB, another button/link next to "Exit this booking" saying something like "Back to list of bookings". It would make navigation a whole smoother !
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:10 am
McG

Programs: BAEC

A book multi city itinerary option that worked more along the lines of that on AA.com.

I'd like the app to monitor the seat plan, and my allocated seat, and proactively alert me as soon as either of them changes on any live booking.

My last BA flight in ET I picked 5A, immediately behind the curtain. Got moved to 6A, then 7A, then 8A ... finally flew in 9A, also (as it turned out) immediately behind the curtain. This intelligent seat movement does seem to indicate that BA are much better at reallocating seats when shifting the curtain, but the control freak in me would still like to be told what's going on without having to check twice a day from T-72h down to arriving at the airport! I don't really want to end up sitting in 29C
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Scots_Al
Pricing for individual legs of a multi-city booking. Currently you have to pick all the flights you want, and then see what the price is... and then go back and change some to see what difference that makes to price - ridiculous.
A good point, although until all the flights are chosen it may not be possible to price. Of course displaying the booking class codes would help.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I would like to see POUG's being offered from the regions!!!!!!
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:11 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
With you on this. It's a pain even for simple multi-cities like JER-LON-EU-LON.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:16 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Yes I totally agree with that one.

As the App has access to location based services, in the last hour before the flight it could keep an eye on where you are and prompt you if you are not close enough to the departure gate. Even if it caused only a few less delayed departures it would be worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.