Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

"Function I'd love to have on BA.com or BA App..."

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Function I'd love to have on BA.com or BA App..."

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:20 am

I'd like to be able to see how many Tier Points my flown AND planned/booked flights will reap before my membership year ends, to check how on course I am to re-qualify.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:26 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by dylanks
Perhaps a mechanism for setting reward availability alerts. For example, something like what you can do with expertflyer for other airlines, or with award nexus.
Terrible idea! If you think that finding award seats is hard now just think how hard it would be if everyone with access to BA.com could set alerts.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Talking

Originally Posted by Stripy
Terrible idea! If you think that finding award seats is hard now just think how hard it would be if everyone with access to BA.com could set alerts.
Perhaps that should be a GGL benefit only
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
I'd like to have a map of the airport I'm flying to/from, so it's easier to locate the gate from the lounge and calculate how early to leave. AA app has this function and I find it great!
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:59 am

Item #1 - Oneworld bookings on ba.com. They used to show up and its a must have if I'm to start using ba.com more frequently.

Item #2 - display individual flights in date order, not trip order.

Item #3 - for the geek in me, the aircraft registration once its assigned.

Item #4 - on the app, available lounges in airports and possibly other facilities like left luggage, showers etc.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:59 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
As a first thought I'd like to see the functionality from the Avios app.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:02 am

Programs: MUCCI
Make the query tool on the front page the same as the one bottom left when logged into BAEC.

I.e. let me freely type my ORIGIN and my destination, not just my destination.
The tediousness of changing countries to look different things up is VERY annoying.

(Expedia will quite happily type any location)
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
POUG's on itineraries that contain flights on non BA metal, contain a connection or have already had one or more legs UuA'd
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:08 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
A good point, although until all the flights are chosen it may not be possible to price. Of course displaying the booking class codes would help.
Never mind just displaying it. Let us choose.

Have an expert mode. Let us build exactly what we want, multi-sector, etc. Even let us specify fare basis codes.

Make it tedious enough that people will not use this for random searching, but make it so that we can capture exactly what we want and then complete the process (even if means submitting to get someone to price it) and we can then pay online.

This would avoid needing to spend ages on the phone trying to explain to telephone agents what we want, and them getting it wrong, not believing such things are possible, or ...
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:14 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
BA Labs

There is BA labs Survey emailed out yesterday as below:
Spooky this topic comes up at the same time.

Hi engineeringtravel,

This week we’d like to talk to you about apps for your mobile devices. We’ll be focusing on the British Airways app and how Executive Club members, like you, currently use it.

We've got a short survey to get your thoughts on this so why not click below and get started:
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:34 am

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
Originally Posted by Scots_Al
Pricing for individual legs of a multi-city booking. Currently you have to pick all the flights you want, and then see what the price is... and then go back and change some to see what difference that makes to price - ridiculous.
Or at the very least to display the fares for multiple cabins so you can pick and choose, the way a "normal" booking does.

And furthermore, it would be REALLY good if - on multi-sectors - when you went back, the website would remember the sectors and dates you'd put in originally, so you can just tweak them rather than having to re-enter everything. Again, the normal one-way or return-inquiry tools do this.

+1 to doing away with the need to enter the country of origin.

Make the system clever enough to be able to offer POUGs, UUA, etc on multi-sector bookings, open jaws etc if booked thro BA in the first place.

And, since BA can process UUA on TA tickets, allow ba.com to show you availability on those bookings rather than giving the current rather unhelpful response...

Slightly similar to what some have mentioned, instead of telling me at the top of my BAEC homepage that "do you know you could fly World Traveller to Ouagadougou for 47,518 avios", why not implement something that looks at your current UUA-able bookings with requisite availability, and say "do you know you can upgrade your upcoming flight to Vladivostok to Club World for 140,000 avios and extra fees and taxes - click here", which would actually be useful and make them some money?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by David-A
Never mind just displaying it. Let us choose.

Have an expert mode. Let us build exactly what we want, multi-sector, etc. Even let us specify fare basis codes.

Make it tedious enough that people will not use this for random searching, but make it so that we can capture exactly what we want and then complete the process (even if means submitting to get someone to price it) and we can then pay online.

This would avoid needing to spend ages on the phone trying to explain to telephone agents what we want, and them getting it wrong, not believing such things are possible, or ...
Totally agree. Almost all my bookings are multi-class tickets (i.e. WT+ one way and Club World the other. Since I connect from Croatia via LHR to the US, I'm looking for J + I + T/E + Y or some such nonsense and being able to specify my desired fare class on each leg (or direction) would save a lot of time on the phone.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Engineering Travel
There is BA labs Survey emailed out yesterday as below:
Spooky this topic comes up at the same time.

Hi engineeringtravel,

This week we’d like to talk to you about apps for your mobile devices. We’ll be focusing on the British Airways app and how Executive Club members, like you, currently use it.

We've got a short survey to get your thoughts on this so why not click below and get started:
I got this too. It seemed to me the bulk of the functionality they were trying to make me agree was worth adding to the app was having it recognise me as a BAEC member when I entered Heathrow. Seriously?!?!?! And you'll be spending how much on this "feature"?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by PETER01
I would like to see POUG's being offered from the regions!!!!!!
I'm with PETER01 on this.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 6:03 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by Stripy
Well, the rules of the thread said to not complain about availability, so I avoided that. Still, saying that members should inefficiently waste their time isn't ideal. There was the AA annual report recently which showed that only about one third of all miles are accrued via actual flying. After all of the enhancements recently, BA could give something back to status members and make it so that you have to be OWE or higher to book F with avios and OWS or higher to book J. That said, I don't want to derail the thread, so if we want to talk about that, let's discuss in a new thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.