Changes to the Executive Club are now live

Old Apr 28, 15, 8:57 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,971
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club View Post
The changes only apply to bookings made on or after 28th April 2015, all bookings made before 28th April, regardless of travel date, will earn and collect at the previous rates. This excludes any bookings made on our Airline Partners that do not have a BA flight number.
We will do our best to respond to your queries as quickly as possible.

kind regards,
Max from the proposition team
Max, nowhere does it say in the FAQs that the promise about earning rates for bookings made before 28th April only applies to bookings with a BA flight number.

Please can you confirm that, as promised by BA and as published in the FAQs on the BA website, all bookings made prior to 28th April, irrespective of airline, will earn avios and TPs at the previous rates.
Ldnn1 is offline  
Old Apr 28, 15, 9:03 am
  #17  
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Posts: 22,072
A polite request:


Please limit posts on this thread to questions to BAEC ONLY.


Please post any discussions regarding the changes on:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...now-force.html

Any post on this thread that is not a specific and relevant question to BAEC about the changes will be moved to another appropriate thread or deleted (if there is no constructive content) without notification.

LTN Phobia
Moderator: BA forum

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Apr 28, 15 at 9:28 pm
LTN Phobia is offline  
Old Apr 28, 15, 9:22 am
  #18  
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 834
Hello,

Please find some answers below to your questions.

The reward flight calculator will default to flights departing on the day the search is made. Today is an off-peak day so the calculator will show an off-peak rate today. This will be updated in the future to include both peak and off-peak pricing. We are looking to change the wording on the banner to make this clearer.

In answer to your questions around Air Partners, as long as the flight has a BA flight number, you will earn the Avios rate that applied at the time of booking.

Kind Regards
Louise from the proposition team
BA Executive Club is offline  
Old Apr 28, 15, 9:49 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USA and UK
Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Posts: 1,351
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club View Post
In answer to your questions around Air Partners, as long as the flight has a BA flight number, you will earn the Avios rate that applied at the time of booking.

Kind Regards
Louise from the proposition team
Thank you for the clarification on this matter. However, I am sorry to report that I called BAEC, twice, to confirm that if I book journeys solely on OW partners (i.e AA only on AA stock) that I would be given the pre-28/04 rates and that the only thing that mattered is that I booked before this date. I was told both times, without hesitation, that my bookings would be honoured.
BA0197 is offline  
Old Apr 28, 15, 9:51 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,971
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club View Post
In answer to your questions around Air Partners, as long as the flight has a BA flight number, you will earn the Avios rate that applied at the time of booking.

Kind Regards
Louise from the proposition team
Louise, the requirement for a BA flight number has NEVER been stated by BA before. See screenshot below of the BA FAQs which makes clear that the previous rates would apply to ALL bookings made before April 28.

Any change to what has been promised on the website will make a major difference to a large number of users of this forum who were expecting full earnings for all bookings made up to 28 April.

If what you say above is correct, then please can you explain why BA has chosen not to honour the clear promise it has made about existing bookings?

Ldnn1 is offline  
Old Apr 28, 15, 9:51 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 95
We fly Edinburgh to Atlanta tomorrow, booking was made last year and we upgraded from WTP to Club, I want to check that we earn the correct tier points, but the calculator only shows the new rates and says to rely on MMB to show the old rate. People are saying that there are lots of errors on MMB how can I find out the correct tier points and avios for our flights?
travelhappypair is offline  
Old Apr 28, 15, 10:02 am
  #22  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 36,906
Originally Posted by travelhappypair View Post
We fly Edinburgh to Atlanta tomorrow, booking was made last year and we upgraded from WTP to Club, I want to check that we earn the correct tier points, but the calculator only shows the new rates and says to rely on MMB to show the old rate. People are saying that there are lots of errors on MMB how can I find out the correct tier points and avios for our flights?
I assume your upgrade to CW was with avios? You will earn TPs and avios for the underlying WTP fare. TPs for LHR-ATL will be 90 each way for WTP. The recent changes did not change the TP rate for your flight.
KARFA is online now  
Old Apr 28, 15, 10:03 am
  #23  
IMH
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Berlin
Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond; Meli & HH & Marriott & Radisson Gold
Posts: 5,166
Originally Posted by BA0197 View Post
I called BAEC, twice, to confirm that if I book journeys solely on OW partners (i.e AA only on AA stock) that I would be given the pre-28/04 rates and that the only thing that mattered is that I booked before this date. I was told both times, without hesitation, that my bookings would be honoured.
Other people reported being told the same thing, by phone and/or email. Many of us have made bookings based on the assumption that it is true and will be -- to put it mildly -- disappointed if it turns out not to be.
IMH is offline  
Old Apr 28, 15, 10:23 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 168
Did something change with regards to TPs in classes other than economy as well? I have a business class only booking, with US flight numbers, some operated by AA and some operated by BA, and my MMB expected TPs has dropped by 140. I tried the trick to correct it which didn't work.
Pet0r is offline  
Old Apr 28, 15, 10:30 am
  #25  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 36,906
Originally Posted by Pet0r View Post
Did something change with regards to TPs in classes other than economy as well? I have a business class only booking, with US flight numbers, some operated by AA and some operated by BA, and my MMB expected TPs has dropped by 140. I tried the trick to correct it which didn't work.
Nothing has been said. What booking classes did you actually book under?
KARFA is online now  
Old Apr 28, 15, 10:42 am
  #26  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 168
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Nothing has been said. What booking classes did you actually book under?
Well, it's kind of complicated to be honest... there are 8 flights - I'll try to be as concise as possible.

These are *all* US codeshares, but I'll list the operator of the flight. But probably good to bear in mind the fact they are codeshares.
DUB - LHR I [BA]
LHR - JFK I [BA]
JFK - LAX A [AA]
LAX - HNL A [AA]
HNL - LAX A [AA]
LAX - JFK A [AA]
JFK - LHR Z [AA]
LHR - DUB I [BA]

I suspect the JFK - LHR one may be the problem? It looks like it wasn't properly fixed when US consolidated their selling classes with AA. This would account for the 140TP difference if MMB thought this was a first class reward instead of a revenue I fare like it should be. It's weird though because the other flights in my booking were corrected, should I be worried about this?

Just checked the AA PNR though and it shows the booking class as I, not Z.
Pet0r is offline  
Old Apr 28, 15, 10:45 am
  #27  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London
Posts: 16,864
Originally Posted by Pet0r View Post
Well, it's kind of complicated to be honest... there are 8 flights - I'll try to be as concise as possible.

These are *all* US codeshares, but I'll list the operator of the flight. But probably good to bear in mind the fact they are codeshares.
DUB - LHR I [BA]
LHR - JFK I [BA]
JFK - LAX A [AA]
LAX - HNL A [AA]
HNL - LAX A [AA]
LAX - JFK A [AA]
JFK - LHR Z [AA]
LHR - DUB I [BA]

I suspect the JFK - LHR one may be the problem? It looks like it wasn't properly fixed when US consolidated their selling classes with AA. This would account for the 140TP difference if MMB thought this was a first class reward instead of a revenue I fare like it should be. It's weird though because the other flights in my booking were corrected, should I be worried about this?

Just checked the AA PNR though and it shows the booking class as I, not Z.
Z is First class now, so your ticket should have been revalidated or re-issued with the changed booking class. Otherwise, take the F seat and claim back later!

It is probable that the change was not pushed out to the other PNRs.
Calchas is offline  
Old Apr 28, 15, 10:47 am
  #28  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 168
Originally Posted by Calchas View Post
Z is First class now, so your ticket should have been revalidated or re-issued with the changed booking class. Otherwise, take the F seat and claim back later!

It is probable that the change was not pushed out to the other PNRs.
Wish I could take the F seat, but as I said the AA PNR says booking code is I, so I assume this won't work as they are the operator?

Shows as Z on the US and BA PNR though. All of the other flights that are now in I were in Z too originally but they were all changed, wonder why this one was missed.

Is it possible to actually tell what's on my ticket vs. the PNR?
Pet0r is offline  
Old Apr 28, 15, 10:48 am
  #29  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 36,906
Originally Posted by Pet0r View Post
Well, it's kind of complicated to be honest... there are 8 flights - I'll try to be as concise as possible.

These are *all* US codeshares, but I'll list the operator of the flight. But probably good to bear in mind the fact they are codeshares.
DUB - LHR I [BA]
LHR - JFK I [BA]
JFK - LAX A [AA]
LAX - HNL A [AA]
HNL - LAX A [AA]
LAX - JFK A [AA]
JFK - LHR Z [AA]
LHR - DUB I [BA]

I suspect the JFK - LHR one may be the problem? It looks like it wasn't properly fixed when US consolidated their selling classes with AA. This would account for the 140TP difference if MMB thought this was a first class reward instead of a revenue I fare like it should be. It's weird though because the other flights in my booking were corrected, should I be worried about this?

Just checked the AA PNR though and it shows the booking class as I, not Z.
Marketing carrier determines TP earning so that is very relevant.

Is this an exDUB I class sale fare?

For JFK-LAX hwere are you actually sat? Are you actually in business or first? For an exDUB I class ticket I would expect you to be in business and earn 140 TPs for those three class transcon flights

Did you UuA the JFK-LHR flight fron CW to F? Z is a first reward booking class?

Tbh I would expect your earning from that itinerary to be 40+140+140+210+210+140+140+40. This is what I would have said prior to the changes.
KARFA is online now  
Old Apr 28, 15, 10:53 am
  #30  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 168
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Marketing carrier determines TP earning so that is very relevant.

Is this an exDUB I class sale fare?

For JFK-LAX hwere are you actually sat? Are you actually in business or first? For an exDUB I class ticket I would expect you to be in business and earn 140 TPs for those three class transcon flights

Did you UuA the JFK-LHR flight fron CW to F? Z is a first reward booking class?

Tbh I would expect your earning from that itinerary to be 40+140+140+210+210+140+140+40. This is what I would have said prior to the changes.
Yes this is an ex-DUB I class fare. For JFK - LAX we are sitting in First, it was booked under a "glitch" if you will where booking the whole itinerary with US codeshares made the JFK - LAX and LAX - JFK transcon book into A class.

No we did not UuA the JFK - LHR flight, it's a US codeshare flight operated by AA. Before US consolidated with AA, Z class was one of US's business class buckets - all of our flights listed as I were previously listed as Z. When US consolidated with AA, all of the other flights were "cancelled" and "rebooked" into identical flights but in I class. Apart from this one, apparently. However I didn't notice this before as MMB was correctly listing 1200 TPs until today.
Pet0r is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread