Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OW Ruby question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2015, 3:01 am
Original Poster

OW Ruby question

I am Silver on AB (OW Ruby) and have an upcoming trip with BA.

However, I found out that I am earning way more miles with BA and since it's a long haul flight I want to credit the miles to my executive club account (Blue tier.)

With OW Ruby I can get free seat selection 7 days before departure and business class check-in though. Do you know if it's possible to edit my FF number in the Finnair website one week before so I can select seats and then add again my Executive club number?

Also, in order to use the business check-in counters does my status need to be in the system or is it enough if I just show my AB card at the agent?

Thank you!

Last edited by nikolask; Apr 23, 2015 at 3:20 am
Old Apr 23, 2015, 3:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by nikolask
With OW Ruby I can get free seat selection 7 days before departure and business class check-in though. Do you know if it's possible to edit my FF number in the Finnair website one week before so I can select seats and then add again my Executive club number?
You can try the Finnair (though it sometimes does not work) or call AB office directly and tell them to change the FF number to your BAEC number for these flights in question.
(Sometimes other OW partners' websites can do this change for you too, not just Finnair).

Also, in order to use the business check-in counters does my status need to be in the system or is it also enough if I just saw my AB card at the agent?
No it does not need to be in the system, your card will do.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
You may call BA and they can add both FFP numbers do your booking. This will allow you to collect on BAEC but enjoy the benefits of your AB OWR.

I am currently OWS with QR but am collecting on BAEC.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
You can also leave your AB number in the booking and have it changed to BA once at the airport.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses.

Originally Posted by peterdudas
You may call BA and they can add both FFP numbers do your booking. This will allow you to collect on BAEC but enjoy the benefits of your AB OWR.

I am currently OWS with QR but am collecting on BAEC.
Good tip, will try calling BA - didn't know this was possible!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 5:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Thanks for the responses.

Good tip, will try calling BA - didn't know this was possible!
Perhaps someone with more knowledge or experience can confirm that this actually works.

I know Amadeus, the base system underlying BA's IT, allows multiple FFP nos to be entered. However, I thought that there was two types of field - one for the primary FFP, which determined posting of avios for instance and another for other FFP numbers, which were in effect just note fields.

If my understanding is correct, anything in a note field will not trigger benefits such as seat selection. Other airlines may use these fields differently, but I thought BA's systems will ignore any secondary FFP no., which is why the normal advice is to put the highest status no. in first and get the benefits, then change at the airport to credit to a different card.

Of course, I may be completely wrong and if so, this would be very useful for many.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by FrancisA
Perhaps someone with more knowledge or experience can confirm that this actually works.
I don't think it does.

It's not even 100% reliable if you ask to change FF# at check-in, I recently flew on BA metal (BA code, albeit an IB ticket), at check-in I asked to switch to my AAdvantage FF# instead of my BAEC FF#.

My BP clearly shows my AAdvantage number. Avios and TPs posted anyway.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 3:21 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by FrancisA
Of course, I may be completely wrong and if so, this would be very useful for many.
Whilst I am not acquainted with the internal workings of the systems, and I can also not say that this solution is flawless, I can confirm that it has worked for me on multiple bookings (in all cases I specifically asked the cc operator to add and not replace my QRPC number).

Also for indication, the My Flights app did actually pick up and show both FFP numbers after the call centre had changed it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.