Wiki Posts
Search

How can I get an answer from BA?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Now BAEC Brown, fallen from 10 yrs BAEC Gold; Oyster 60+ Travelcard
How can I get an answer from BA?

Mrs GL2 and I had booked (in last June so long awaited) a weekend break to Venice for last month, leaving on BA2582 ex LGW 08.05 Friday 20th March. We'd booked a Grand Canal view room, tickets to the opera at La Fenice, two dinners, motor launch from Marco Polo, OLCI'd, POUG'd for the return trip, packed etc. 18.00 on the Thursday 19th we received email informing us the 2582 had been cancelled and we were rebooked on the BA2588, arriving VCE at 20.50 on the Saturday evening. We declined this (had we taken it, we would have been in VCE for less than 18 hours before returning) and BA in due course refunded flight costs. We could find no alternative way of getting to VCE - apart from requiring an 8 hour stopover on Dusseldorf (Germanwings). Our not inconsiderable claim on our travel insurers requires confirmation from BA as to the reason for cancellation before insurers will process the claim.

I have emailed BA, used the contact button on ba.com but cannot get the required information and as a blue member, do not want a 30 min + hold on the telephone.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: BA Bronze,Accor.Flightdiary.net/liamvad
Twitter.....I was ignored,then I used Twitter,got an immediate response,you have to ask them to 'Follow' you,you can than send private messages.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Phone - it may well not be a long wait and really it's one of the few ways to get a guaranteed immediate response (eventually). I also second the Twitter suggestion.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I have an aversion to existing on Twitter - is it becoming mandatory these days?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by T8191
I have an aversion to existing on Twitter - is it becoming mandatory these days?
I don't want to have a Twitter or Facebook account, but yes, more and more companies insist on using those companies, be it for contact or participate in promotions/drawings. So far I have refused to sign up.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by GateLouse2
Mrs GL2 and I had booked (in last June so long awaited) a weekend break to Venice for last month, leaving on BA2582 ex LGW 08.05 Friday 20th March. We'd booked a Grand Canal view room, tickets to the opera at La Fenice, two dinners, motor launch from Marco Polo, OLCI'd, POUG'd for the return trip, packed etc. 18.00 on the Thursday 19th we received email informing us the 2582 had been cancelled and we were rebooked on the BA2588, arriving VCE at 20.50 on the Saturday evening. We declined this (had we taken it, we would have been in VCE for less than 18 hours before returning) and BA in due course refunded flight costs. We could find no alternative way of getting to VCE - apart from requiring an 8 hour stopover on Dusseldorf (Germanwings). Our not inconsiderable claim on our travel insurers requires confirmation from BA as to the reason for cancellation before insurers will process the claim.

I have emailed BA, used the contact button on ba.com but cannot get the required information and as a blue member, do not want a 30 min + hold on the telephone.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Have a look here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ntre-hell.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.