Feeling very "corporate-wage-slave" thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Silver
Oh wow, I can't believe how many flights and hours you all seem to be able to put together in such a short time! It's really incredible.

My personal record is a mere LHR-PVG-LHR for work, one day of relax at home, then off to OSL for one night (to get the necessary TPs to keep me Silver) and back to LHR, one day of relax at home, then finally off to LGW and VCE for my holidays in May last year.

In December I also needed to jump on a project which was being delayed and it was right about time for my holidays, so did LHR-PVG-LHR, went to BLQ they day after and returned five days later in the evening, then a night sleep and back to LHR again, did DFW-MTY and returned the week after.

All in Y of course!

A packed schedule like this would probably be too much for me even in J

Congrats to all of you who can make it!
Old Apr 21, 2015, 1:00 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Jamier45
A short hop then for the mighty V!
Involving a lot of AAR's.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete

when I woke her up she loudly asked what country she was in
I know the feeling! This month (April 2015) will have ended up a bit like that for me. The five Thursdays (2, 9, 16, 23, 30) will have seen me sleeping in five different countries on three different continents: Qatar, Germany, England, Bulgaria and Egypt respectively.

At least my flights (in double figures, on four different airlines) for this month will have all been in either Business or First.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
The closest i've got to that was when the chap doing Schengen exit controls asked me how long i'd been in Germany for - umm *quick calculation* 4 hours. I had however spent the preceding 4 days just over the border in Austria.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CR
I'm sure a lot of the folks on here have the same experience I do:

Arriving at T5, on a Friday, being asked "where have you come in from",having to stop and think, before answering.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by pablol
I'm sure a lot of the folks on here have the same experience I do:

Arriving at T5, on a Friday, being asked "where have you come in from",having to stop and think, before answering.
or actually getting your BP out as that takes less time
Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:22 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I got in a bit of trouble a couple of yeaars ago landing somewhere like New Orleans and mentioning a city without flights there that I'd been to the week before.
Old May 18, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Did CWS ever even clock this thread himself, being that he was on holiday when it was originally posted?
Old May 18, 2015, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL 360, Marriott Ambassador, AA Plat
I am doing the following in the next ten days:

ORD-CVG-ORD-PHX-ORD-CVG-ORD-LHR-ORD-CVG

Does that count?
Old May 18, 2015, 6:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
Need to do JFK-LCY-JFK-ORD-STL-ORD-JFK-LCY-JFK over 10 day. Really hoping by some twist of fate I pick up old TPs despite only booking not ticketing before 4/28
Old May 19, 2015, 1:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Foltan
Did CWS ever even clock this thread himself, being that he was on holiday when it was originally posted?
Yes, CWS did clock this thread, even during the "holiday", and I couldn't/can't think of anything terribly witty to add here. However BotB was wrong to take tea on OS, unlike BA shorthaul their coffee is entirely drinkable.

My most egregious trip was NCL to HKK (South Island NZ) and back without spending the night in NZ. I was in HKK for just a few hours for a family event and I then flew straight back to Britain. I don't do that too often, however. On the other hand, after 6 weeks of almost not flying, with just a helicopter trip with a VIP in the middle of it, it was good to be back in the air, and to find my coffee mug was still ensconced in CCR.
Old May 19, 2015, 2:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Apologies, I shouldn't have doubted your all-seeing eye.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 12:38 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Had another rare "feeling very corporate-wage-slave" moment tonight on the flight out to FCO tonight:

Front row on A319 empty but for me with most other CE rows near full.

Celebrated the moment with a bottle (or a few) of Monopole rather than tea this time but I'm sure he'll forgive my slight modification...

TTIWCWS

(They thought I was cws!)

Safe travels everyone ^
Old Nov 29, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
it was good to be back in the air, and to find my coffee mug was still ensconced in CCR.
And Mohamed guards it to pain of death. I haven't used it recently but missed you again by two hours, c-w-s, on Thursday (accordingly to afore-mentioned Mohamed) when I left on BA11 to SIN! Now in SYD.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 9:34 pm
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
My Xmas this year is looking like 10 flights in 14days..

HKG-BKK (2 days)
BKK-HKG
HKG-LHR (2 days)
Considering LCY-DUB-LCY day trip.
LHR-GVA (6 days)
GVA-LHR-JFK (3 days)
JFK-LHR-HKG

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.