Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Here we go again ... an attempt to reduce TPs earned on US domestics?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Here we go again ... an attempt to reduce TPs earned on US domestics?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2015, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Yet Calchas wrote

That's a BA fare, so if Calchas is right, it's BA's fare rules that have been changed and we lose out on TPs in BAEC as a result.
Oh I mean, at one stage you could sit in A class on an I fare on an AA transcon. That was not intentional I guess but had carried over from pre-3 class. (So if I class was full you could sit in First cabin on a three class.) That was an oversight they have removed.

But yes I agree with orbitmic: if there have been changes (and maybe there have been one or two) it's AA doing it for some internal purpose, not for the benefit of BAEC.

It might get a bit harder in future but I doubt it is a systematic attempt to get rid of the 210 points rule.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Yet Calchas wrote

That's a BA fare, so if Calchas is right, it's BA's fare rules that have been changed and we lose out on TPs in BAEC as a result.
Calchas is absolutely right about that, but I think it is a separate (if complementary) issue from the one we are discussing here. Ultimately, BA fare rules impose specific booking buckets for sectors on partner airlines, but the airline alone decides what buckets will be available in principle on a given flight. And as discussed, I have had the "domestic I" experience on some pure AA booking under an AA fare code, hence my suggestion that there is something broader originating from AA themselves.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.