Catering loads on LCY flights

Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Catering loads on LCY flights

I know we have had multiple threads on catering issues in premium classes ex-LHR but I always had the impression that LCY had a more reasonable approach to it. Yet, my last two experience this week suggest that this may have changed as well:

- NCE-LCY: 3 pax in C, they loaded EXACTLY 1 salmon and 2 chicken. We sat in 2CD for the fab leg room and as the passenger in 2A chose the salmon, we basically had no choice.

- LCY-JFK CWLCY: 15 pax, sat in 1AB and... had to share the tiny pots of jam and clotted cream as apparently they had only loaded 7 for all 15 of us! (pax in 1JK and passengers in row 2 had 1 each, passengers behind row 2 had none).

I won't pull a DYKWSWA* nor a DYKWFIPFTT** but regardless I think that this is a really poor show. In both cases, the crew were both embarrassed and apologetic, and in the first case, we were even recommended to write although part of me cannot really be bothered.

* Do you know what status we are (huh???!!!)?
** Do you know how much I paid for that trip (pffff!!!...)?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: Gold Actually
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I know we have had multiple threads on catering issues in premium classes ex-LHR but I always had the impression that LCY had a more reasonable approach to it. Yet, my last two experience this week suggest that this may have changed as well:

- NCE-LCY: 3 pax in C, they loaded EXACTLY 1 salmon and 2 chicken. We sat in 2CD for the fab leg room and as the passenger in 2A chose the salmon, we basically had no choice.

- LCY-JFK CWLCY: 15 pax, sat in 1AB and... had to share the tiny pots of jam and clotted cream as apparently they had only loaded 7 for all 15 of us! (pax in 1JK and passengers in row 2 had 1 each, passengers behind row 2 had none).

I won't pull a DYKWSWA* nor a DYKWFIPFTT** but regardless I think that this is a really poor show. In both cases, the crew were both embarrassed and apologetic, and in the first case, we were even recommended to write although part of me cannot really be bothered.

you did have a choice - chicken or nothing
Seriously - as i have mentioned on here before i cannot eat fish (for which there is no special meal request for) and if salmon would have been put in front of me, it WOULD have kicked off big time
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Having to share tubs of clotted cream ?!!!!! It's no wonder the cornish economy is still in the Poo !

I can now blame BA !

But in all serioisness, it's poor and I would write in.

cs
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Having to share tubs of clotted cream ?!!!!! It's no wonder the cornish economy is still in the Poo !
Exactly! And it is not as though those Rodda tubs were particularly generous in the first place!
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Exactly! And it is not as though those Rodda tubs were particularly generous in the first place!

Everyone should have this per scone
http://shop.roddas.co.uk/product/907g

cs
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
I've noticed the same recently, it seems worse this year than before.

On my recent route to Gold, I was the only person in CE and only one meal was loaded. On the way back only the exact number of meals were loaded so unless you're first in line, you might not get your choice

I did get offered a crew dessert when on LCK-JFK as they'd run out, which I've never experienced before on this route. They normally try and offer you more food as there's stuff left over.

I understand there must be so much wastage but seems like they are cutting back a little too much.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
DYKWFIPFTT**

** Do you know how much I paid for that trip

How does that work?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Everyone should have this per scone
http://shop.roddas.co.uk/product/907g

cs
I vote for cornishsimon as new head of catering!
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lioneye
How does that work?
In complaining threads, I keep reading: "I paid x000 for this ticket", so I guess it's how it works!
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

How does that work?
I think he means Do You Know What the F___ I Paid For That Trip?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:19 am

I vote for cornishsimon as new head of catering!
Why thanks.
Let's do away with afternoon tea and have three or four nice warm scones and a bleddy great tub of clotted cream each ?
Job done
cs
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Oh..........the penny drops!

That's pretty crap for the BA1 trip. It's a small plane anyway so they don't have to carry a lot.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh..........the penny drops!
Yes, I can hear all of them. I believe, from BA's bottom line.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:48 pm

Have you taken your business elsewhere now?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
LCY-JFK CWLCY: 15 pax, sat in 1AB and... had to share the tiny pots of jam and clotted cream as apparently they had only loaded 7 for all 15 of us! (pax in 1JK and passengers in row 2 had 1 each, passengers behind row 2 had none).
Wow, just wow! I'm taking the flights in July and I'll be very upset if I have to share or miss out considering that I'm paying for the trip with my own money. It doesn't bode well.

I thought premium was always (or almost always) getting your choice, nothing runs out and so on. I'll be leaving the aircraft mid flight if they run out of booze.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.