Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: Aspire (Priority Pass) lounge to open in LHR T5

Confirmed: Aspire (Priority Pass) lounge to open in LHR T5

Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by rxfleming
It will be situated by Gate 18 / 19, below Galleries South.
Looking at the T5 floor plan, the footprint behind the sparsely trafficked retail units isn't terribly large. I guess this new lounge will be about 30% of the size of the Galleries North, or to cite an example we're both very familiar with, the size of the GLA BA Lounge.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Originally Posted by Chris9642
Any idea where this is likely to be located in T5?
Behind the white doors of course.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by origin
But wont they have a reduction instead of renting a whole building other than shops.
Empty floor space isn't rented by BA.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Silver
I wonder how many people will try to get into the new lounge with their BA Sliver or Gold card.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Paralytic
I wonder how many people will try to get into the new lounge with their BA Sliver or Gold card.
Probably the same number who try to blag their way through the secret door!

:-)
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
We will need a new thread: “Priority Pass holders who also hold a BA Gold or Silver card willing to guest people into the new Aspire lounge whilst they continue to enjoy the now empty BA lounges”.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:18 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I would actually pay to go to this new lounge if they can provide a Quiet Zone where peace and quiet is provided, despite holding a CCR card.

Additional thought: Now BA can say to a DYKWIA SCH/GCH,
BA: "I'm sorry sir/madam, you are only allowed one guest here"
DYKWIA: "But I'm a SCH/GCH, surely my wife, 4 children and my parents are allowed in, I spend Ł1,000 per year with BA!"
BA: "Sir/Madam, if you wish, there is a paid for lounge at T5 where you can take everyone, I believe it is Ł30 (or whatever) per person"

It's hard to argue against a suggestion for a paid lounge that for fear of sounding like a cheapskate (which DYKWIA may not like to do).

So, it could work as an anti-DYKWIA measure, maybe? ;
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
Certainly motivates me to carry on trying to retain silver for 2016 safe in the knowledge I can still have access to lounges on BA if I don't retain status. I was investigating *A as an option as my status seems borderline under the new rules but this means I'm much more comfortable taking the risk of staying with BA and hoping enough of my flights are in high enough booking classes.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia

So, it could work as an anti-DYKWIA measure, maybe? ;
That's what I thought as well, although DYKWIAs will not hear what it's been said to them at least they have an alternative now.

It's good to have some competition, BA lounge monopoly has already favoured some enhancements, with the new lounge BA will try to stay at least on par.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rxfleming
Ah but HIDDY have you been in an 'Aspire' lounge, because Servisair standard lounges are crap, i agree, but their new branding 'Aspire' lounges aren't.!
Well that's good news.

I see the MAN one costs Ł20 for three hours....which is pretty steep for those without a pass. For Ł40 for the two of us I'd want the food to be of decent quality.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:35 am

Bizarre to think BA wouldn’t care about this. My attitude to retaining silver has changed a little because of this: lounge access is one of the important aspects of status for me. Now I don’t need to bother retaining it (I have to work at it these days) when I think about the marginal cost of doing so compared to infrequent lounge visits that I may need to pay for, now I have the freedom to do so in T5. Enables me to reduce my stockpile of avios over a much longer period of time beyond my current BAEC year, and enjoy lounge access if I want to pay for it.

One interesting thing is this is billed as the “Aspire Lounge and Spa”. If you look at other Aspire lounges, they don’t bill themselves “…and Spa”. Makes me think this will be their flagship lounge with some kind of proper spa. (Well, I say 'proper' spa...).
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
There will be a spa. I know the capability for a spa area was in the original tender document that HAL circulated.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:54 am

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Great shall try it out next month (if it is open)
Might be handy to check some extra guests in!!
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Originally Posted by diamantaire
Great shall try it out next month (if it is open)
Might be handy to check some extra guests in!!
You'll have to wait until summer, read post 1.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:08 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
I don't understand.

Do people get PP for free with Amex plat still or something?

Or do people pay 159 a year for ten visits excluding guests (Ł15 a visit)?

Why not go to pub?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.