Search

Food on Comair

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Food on Comair

Hi

Apologies if this has been asked before but although I did a search back to 2013 I couldn't see this question.

Does anyone know what the food options in economy/traveller are between CPT and JNB on BA6438 departing CPT 19:00 and JNB to CPT on BA6413 departing JNB 09:15.

Previously I have done either economy flights at lunchtime or evening flights in club.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I'm not sure what they serve in economy but if you have time the food in the lounge would certainly be better.

... and welcome to FT
Old Apr 13, 2015, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Economy will be hot breakfast, and light (I believe hot) meal. It is well above and beyond what you would get on BA on flights of a similar length. Of course this assumes that those are "real" Comair flights, not Kulula operated ones.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Economy will be hot breakfast, and light (I believe hot) meal. It is well above and beyond what you would get on BA on flights of a similar length. Of course this assumes that those are "real" Comair flights, not Kulula operated ones.
I have taken the 17:00 flight down to CPT and I got a hot pasta dish, a piece of bred and bottle of red wine... I don't remember if there was a biscuit or cake. Still very good compared to mainline in Economy for a such a short distance.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / OW Emerald
Last month had evening JNB > CPT flights.

Surprisngly their hot meal was very good in economy - I had a veggie stew / pasta sort of thing. - in fact better than most of my CW meals on regular BA flights.

Their SLOW loung is also very good for range of food and deserts and found their bathroom facilites very good as well as they were tastfully decorated and constatntly clean. - BA sould take note.

COMAIR lounge and food really do put regular BA flights out of heathrow to shame.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
Food on Comair

The Slow Lounge food is excellent, and the coffee is very drinkable.

On board, early morning flights usually have some kind of omelette, which is edible. In the past evening flights have advertised Woolworth ready meals or Primi Patti meals , but it's a while since I've been in ET on Comair on evening flights
Old Apr 14, 2015, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by zeel
COMAIR lounge and food really do put regular BA flights out of heathrow to shame.
If BA could pay the same rates for labour as Comair does, I'm sure that a lot of things could be made better for the same outlay.
Originally Posted by escape2sun
On board, early morning flights usually have some kind of omelette, which is edible. In the past evening flights have advertised Woolworth ready meals or Primi Patti meals , but it's a while since I've been in ET on Comair on evening flights
Off the top of my head, ISTR that the tie-up with Woolies has come to an end.

But I can't help with the original question because I very seldom do JNB-CPT, and the JNB-DUR flights are a different kettle of fish, being so much shorter.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Thank for the responses.

My first choice will be the lounges, CPT won't be issue as I'm leaving my car there but with JNB I'm dependant on the booked transfer.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Anyone know what type of breakfast is served in club CPT-JNB
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
Originally Posted by Flame3601
Anyone know what type of breakfast is served in club CPT-JNB
There is usually 3-choices of hot food, one of which is Veggie, all usually very good. They do change the options fairly frequently.

As for the service they normally bring out a tray with the 3-choices on to present to you so you select which one.

The Comair offering IMHO far superior to the stuff served in CE for LHR/LGW
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
There is usually 3-choices of hot food, one of which is Veggie, all usually very good. They do change the options fairly frequently.

As for the service they normally bring out a tray with the 3-choices on to present to you so you select which one.

Yes. And indeed, I personally quite like the way they always show you the options (although on non-breakfast flights I had only 2 options?). CX does the same too, and I find it easier to choose "from sight" rather than from the occasionally rather misleading menu descriptions.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: Nando's Black, British Airways Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
+1

I flew JNB-CPT in Comair Business on 25 Dec and was given my choice of three options, and thought the general standard of food and beverage service was much better than I have experienced in CE in recent years.

My optional upgrade from Economy to Business was only 400ZAR (£18) on check-in.

This might have been specific to my circumstances but I would suggest checking the Avios and TPs that credit to your account after your flights. Mine didn't credit properly (I received Avios and TPs equivalent for an Economy and not Business fare) but that was quickly fixed after a short email to BA.

Enjoy!
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by scottnothing
My optional upgrade from Economy to Business was only 400ZAR (£18) on check-in.
Do you know what fare code you were on? I am doing CPT-JNB in a couple of days...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.