Wiki Posts
Search

BA - HKG E-Channel registration

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2015, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
BA - HKG E-Channel registration

Does anyone know if being Gold on BA, means I can register for the HKG E-Channel Immigration service at HKG?

http://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/...sitors.html#fv

As i have a few trips to HKG and this would make it a bit easier.

thanks in advance.

Andy
Old Apr 10, 2015, 9:08 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
The simple answer is: YES

You need to go to the arrivals hall to do it though or to send an e-mail to the e-mail address found in this page: https://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/passenger/arrival/t1/airport-services-facilities/frequent-visitor-channel.html

(Also I think it is free to register if you have Gold or Silver...?)

Last edited by cysyuen; Apr 10, 2015 at 9:13 am
Old Apr 10, 2015, 9:11 am
Original Poster

cheers cysyuen, why the website cant show what's eligible i dont know...
Old Apr 10, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Oh just to say it may NOT be free -- here's an article which explains how it works:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/how-frequent-flyers-can-get-fast-lane-access-at-hong-kong-airport-frequent-visitor-echannel

As the article says you have to physically go to the desk which deals with this matter -- this means you have to wait at the normal queue to get into HK for the first and only time for a while.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:32 am

The media report listed above is from Jan 2014. Has anyone tried this service via their BA card since the last post in this thread?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:58 am
Original Poster

I will be trying it in 3weeks time, now I have my new passport...

I have also asked on Twitter..
Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
I did it mid June. Took 5 minutes max, off the BA25.

The "office" is directly behind the bank of passport desks, before you go into the baggage hall. There was one person in front of me. They take your BA card and passport, swipe it, take a photo and a fingerprint, get you to sign a form. You emerge with a sticker on the back of your passport with a barcode. They also remove the landing card which just got you into HK.

On departure, you just go to the egates, either scan the barcode on the back or the photo page, hold your finger to the reader and the door opens. It *literally* takes 10 seconds and makes the LHR equivalent look like an absolute joke.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Bahrain Lad, glad its that easy
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, M&M LT SEN, AZ Plat, WoH LT Glob, HH Diam
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
It *literally* takes 10 seconds and makes the LHR equivalent look like an absolute joke.
every US airport too by the way...
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:45 pm

Thanks Bahrain Lad as well. I'll be travelling with a co-worker with no status at all, nada. I suppose I could get the sticker, but when departing HKG join the regular queue for that 1 time with him.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:51 pm

Did it cost any money?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Did it cost any money?
No.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:49 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I would advise using the barcode method - slide the passport - kept closed - on to the glass paten and hold it in place to the top left edge. Complete opposite to the UK e-gate. It isn't much fun watching people in front of you opening up passports in assorted directions trying to get it to work. Then it's the forefinger, not the thumb (the diagram is a little confusing on that one).
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by headinclouds
The media report listed above is from Jan 2014. Has anyone tried this service via their BA card since the last post in this thread?
I have used the service but not via BA card as I have HK nationality (and thus can use it with my HKID.)
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:20 am

How long is the barcode valid? End of BA membership year or passport expiry? The frequent traveler card is only valid for 1 year I believe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.