FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Couple questions: LHR-MAD and BIO-LHR in CE (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1670291-couple-questions-lhr-mad-bio-lhr-ce.html)

James1715 Apr 7, 2015 12:49 pm

Couple questions: LHR-MAD and BIO-LHR in CE

We have a short trip planned to Spain at the end of the week and have a couple questions. I have seen some talk on the forum of these issues (particularly ii) but would appreciate some clarity:

i) LHR - MAD on BA462 at 15:10. BA has the seating as 2 - 2 - 2 in CE. If I look up seatguru it has this flight as being operated by a long haul 767 (v3), and our seats at the front as CW style. Is this correct or a mistake? One thing which doesn't add up. The BA seatmap allows you to select seats beyond 4 in CE, whereas seatguru as rows 5 - 9 as missing.

ii) Returning BIO - LHR. Seems there is no lounge access at BIO for this (either CE or by OW status), or a refreshment voucher. Correct?

Thanks in advance

HarryKUK Apr 7, 2015 2:55 pm

Seats are not CW style, they are 2-3-2 apart but the middle of the 3 is not used so technically its 2-2-2. Seats are broadly the same as in ET at the back.

Not sure about the lounge question but hopefully someone else will know.

Oxon Flyer Apr 7, 2015 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by James1715 (Post 24630498)
i) LHR - MAD on BA462 at 15:10. BA has the seating as 2 - 2 - 2 in CE. If I look up seatguru it has this flight as being operated by a long haul 767 (v3), and our seats at the front as CW style. Is this correct or a mistake? One thing which doesn't add up. The BA seatmap allows you to select seats beyond 4 in CE, whereas seatguru as rows 5 - 9 as missing

The seat map for this flight is indeed a longhaul 767, and for a Business (Club Europe) booking it is offering seats in Rows 1 to 4, and Rows 10 to 13.

The explanation is that there are no Rows 5 to 9 on this configuration, and that 10 to 13 is the Premium Economy cabin. BA is using both the Club World and the Premium Economy cabins for it's Business customers. Some, clearly, are going to get a nicer seat than others. :)

corporate-wage-slave Apr 7, 2015 2:59 pm

They are running longhaul 767s down to MAD, however don't look at seatguru, it's totally misleading. thebasource.com is a far better guide and is kept very much up to date. HIDDY may be on your service however. Even more however: I think there is a good chance of a last minute substitution to another aircraft type, so I wouldn't overthink this issue.

At the moment there is no BIO lounge access or voucher, there is a lounge used by IB and AB, and available for a fee, I hope this will be opened to BA customers before too long. Or at least before I go down there on another BA freebie in May!

Oxon Flyer Apr 7, 2015 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 24631260)
don't look at seatguru, it's totally misleading

FWIW, in this case, seatguru is spot on.

corporate-wage-slave Apr 7, 2015 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer (Post 24631282)
FWIW, in this case, seatguru is spot on.

Seat 10A's proximity to the lavatory? Row 26? Row 39?

paul4040 Apr 7, 2015 3:16 pm

Couple questions: LHR-MAD and BIO-LHR in CE

Never ever trust SeatGuru... Just like a real guru. ;)

James1715 Apr 7, 2015 3:18 pm

Thanks for your thoughts.

On the seating layout guess I will have to wait and see. As has been suggested a last minute change of aircraft could well make things irrelevant. I had been hoping there might be the outside chance of the CW configuration!

Oxon Flyer Apr 7, 2015 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 24631303)
Seat 10A's proximity to the lavatory? Row 26? Row 39?

I was just referring to the row numbering in CW and WT+. I freely admit to not being anal enough to know the position of every BA seat relative to the nearest WC. :D