ARN-LHR Boeing 767

Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze,Accor.Flightdiary.net/liamvad
ARN-LHR Boeing 767

Just curios,why do BA operate such a large aircraft on this leg? Is it a positioning flight,or is this normally a busy flight?Due to do this trip in 2 weeks time on a Saturday night in CE and just wondered,have booked 3A,is this a good seat?
I like the 767 anyway,so looking forward to the flight.Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:21 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Moving this thread to the British Airways & Executive Club forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz co-moderator
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Its a daily rotation and is busy the few times i have been on it.
on it again next monday and seat map is fairly busy.

Also freight can be a big reason for larger aircraft on some routes, not sure if that is the case here though?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: SAS EBD, QR Platinumr, HH Gold, Intercont Platinum Ambassador,CC Gold
I recall from my time as BA dispatch in CPH. We did hav B767 replacing the B757 on Wed/Thur/Fri for the two early evening departures, and the load was amazing.
The fact that CPH only have flights to PEK/NRT/PVG, all far-east traffic has to be dubbed else where and LHR is at such a great hub.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:36 am

With regards to seats in CE the centre seats are better, as the middle seat is left free, (the seat config is 2-3-2) so you get a bit more space.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:54 am
db7

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, BA ,
On at Saturday night the flight is normally empty in CE - think it is about the last flight to leave so the lounge is also being closed up
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by liamvad
Just curios,why do BA operate such a large aircraft on this leg? Is it a positioning flight,or is this normally a busy flight?Due to do this trip in 2 weeks time on a Saturday night in CE and just wondered,have booked 3A,is this a good seat?
If your not bother about a window then I have in the past gone for D or F seats more sideways room A&C can get snuggy. Plus its nice to have your glass of bubbles on the centre tray in the middle seats given you more room for playing or working on your pad or laptop.

If memory serve me correctly then tend to put the jetty on at doors 1 so its good to be near the front if you want a quick exit.

Captainc747
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:07 pm

Programs: BAEC, SAS EBS, Miles&More
I've always assumed that there are certain legs that carry a lot of pax who are connecting to or from other long haul destinations. We take the late lunch flight from LHR to ARN several times a year and it's always a 767 and usually busy. The flight before tends to be a smaller Airbus. When I've taken the flight that you're on it's usually been much emptier. It's been a lot harder to appreciate the 767 since they tested the 787 on that route before it entered long haul service (we did get an upgrade to row one and a trip to the cockpit which enhanced the experience).
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by captainc747
If your not bother about a window then I have in the past gone for D or F seats more sideways room A&C can get snuggy. Plus its nice to have your glass of bubbles on the centre tray in the middle seats given you more room for playing or working on your pad or laptop.

If memory serve me correctly then tend to put the jetty on at doors 1 so its good to be near the front if you want a quick exit.

Captainc747
I do prefer a window seat,so 3A it will be,hopefully as others have said the flight will be quiet.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by db7
On at Saturday night the flight is normally empty in CE - think it is about the last flight to leave so the lounge is also being closed up
Will the lounge be open? Is it before or after security??
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:24 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

Will the lounge be open? Is it before or after security??
It's the Menzies lounge. It's airside and nothing special, barely worthy of mention.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paul4040
It's the Menzies lounge. It's airside and nothing special, barely worthy of mention.
Oh dear,that bad?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
ARN-LHR Boeing 767

It's not a bad lounge, just not special. There's little to really say about it other than there are no windows as it lies entirely within the terminal.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paul4040
It's not a bad lounge, just not special. There's little to really say about it other than there are no windows as it lies entirely within the terminal.
Cheers,thanks for your help......all I want is a cold beer!!!
Old Apr 7, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
last time I was in the ARN lounge I found it quite nice ... food was ok .. wine was nice ( if on tap ) ... lots of space , IMO better than a lot of other outsourced lounges ..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.