Appalling BA Baggage services

Old Apr 6, 15, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Angry Appalling BA Baggage services

So I was on Abz-lhr-mia on April 2, BA207 in J. The golf clubs did not make the connection at LHR but suitcases did fortunately. Arrived in MIA to a text informing me the delayed clubs would be on later BA209 service on April 2. Fine I thought I can get them at my hotel tomorrow.

However BA sent them on via Fedex, leaving Miami Friday 3rd, finally arriving with me in Orlando on Monday 6th, and adding insult to injury requiring $45 to collect them and with a damaged bag. Help line was hopeless so we'll see what customer relations says.

Extremely unimpressed by whole experience.
Old Apr 6, 15, 2:05 pm

Very similar experience here, but when flying home via LHR on 29/03.... Eventually got belongings on 01/04... I wrote a lengthy complaint, zero compensation offered.
Can't go through travel insurance as was on the return leg.
Also had business documents in the luggage that I needed for a meeting on 31/03.

If you get any compensation please let me know as I'll raise that with BA
Old Apr 6, 15, 4:41 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

They made you pay $45 for their cock-up? Hmmm.... I'm sure you'll be able to get that back, as it sounds like a mistake.
Old Apr 7, 15, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Smile

Some good news, BA via Twitter, agreed to refund the $45.Now for the other bits of expense and damaged bag....

Search this Thread