Search

Route specific issues

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2015, 12:30 pm
Moz
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Delta SM, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold
Route specific issues

Is it blind co-incidence that a certain route constantly has issues? Reason I ask is that in the last month have had the following issues on the LHR-BEY route:

1. 3 hour delay
2. Downgrade of aircraft to a 320 meaning a downgrade from Club World to Club Europe
3. Yesterdays flight from BEY ran out of hot water 2 hours into the flight, had no snacks, limited food choices and no hand towels or kleenex in the club toilet by the end of the flight.

Is this is because it is the old BMI planes so they are overworked or am I simply paranoid........
Old Apr 4, 2015, 2:50 pm

It's the route IMO. Used to have the same on DME when I flew it regularly. It's not a prestige destination so it gets the shittiest planes.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
But isn't it also the case that since the BEY uses mid-haul aircraft and BA have only a few of these, should one be in for maintenance there is little option but to substitute a non-mid haul aircraft. While it would be nice if that were a long haul replacement, loads probably don't justify it.

The other issues are probably just down to using a relatively small aircraft at the limit of its sensible operating distance for the type of service offered. DME with other than long-haul aircraft would be a similar case.

In others words, not some conspiracy to treat BEY or DME pax badly, just a by-product of BA not being geared up for mid-haul routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.