Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways customer service is just awful [AS flight credit]

Old Apr 3, 15, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

So I was on an alaska airlines round trip flight during the end of February. The first flight was on 2/27 and return flight was on 3/3. When I booked the ticket, I used my British Airways Executive Club number to have the miles deposited into that account.

Within a couple of days of my first flight, the miles got deposited into my BA account. After my return flight, I noticed that my remaining points never posted. I waited a full 7 business days before calling BA customer service about my miles not posting into my account.

Now, I'm not gonna go into detail about the LONG process I've had to go through with CS about where my missing points are but basically every time I call they tell me to email my boarding pass or eticket to them and every time I send them an email I never get a response or acknowledgment. It's been like this for the past month and I'm getting pretty sick of the lack of effort from BA to credit some missing points. This should be elementary and shouldn't take this long.

Have any of you guys had to claim missing points from them from a partner airline?
Old Apr 3, 15, 6:07 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
Alas, flights with Alaska have always been an issue, mine took about 9 weeks to post the last time I tried (and that was after a CS agent from Newcastle started a proper process with ref number and called me every week to update on the process stage and when I should get them). Hence I started crediting them to AS scheme...
Old Apr 3, 15, 6:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by denimsocks View Post
Have any of you guys had to claim missing points from them from a partner airline?
A couple of months ago a return leg JFK-LAX was not credited to my account.
The claim process was pretty painless though, first I called, then they asked me to send boarding pass and email with locator (flight was on AA metal and booked on aa.com) to an email address that at first wouldn't work....but then I realized I had a missing "s" somewhere. Corrected the issue and everything was pretty much settled within a couple of weeks or so.
The address was: [email protected]

(I am based in US)
Old Apr 3, 15, 6:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It's up to AS to verify for BA. Norhing much BA can do besides tell you to keep waiting (which I suppose would be better than nothing).
Old Apr 3, 15, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
One thing to bear in mind just in case is that (as reported here) as of 26 January 2015 flights on AS metal flown under the AS flight number earn avios only, AS metal flown under the AA codeshare earn no avios or TPs.
Old May 1, 15, 2:52 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Alaska
Does anyone else have any experience with wait times for AS flights? My first segment of a roundtrip cleared after a week but the return week has been well over now. I don't want to start the missing claim credit (fax?!?) but I'm not sure how long I should reasonably wait. Thanks!
Old May 1, 15, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
One thing to bear in mind just in case is that (as reported here) as of 26 January 2015 flights on AS metal flown under the AS flight number earn avios only, AS metal flown under the AA codeshare earn no avios or TPs.
But under the QF code purportedly there is an exception and you get your TPs

Search this Thread