FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Prestige Sales (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1668771-prestige-sales.html)

Corpt Apr 1, 2015 8:18 am

Prestige Sales

Has anyone come across the Prestige Sales team before?

I called the BAEC Silver line today to make some Avios redemptions and spoke to one of the most helpful, knowledgeable agents I've ever come across at BA.

She suggested alternatives I hadn't thought of, said she'd diarise to check for me whether more suitable alternatives come up and then sent me an email of confirmation which included her personal email address, contact extension number and hours of work.

The contact details made it clear the agent was part of the Prestige Sales team in Newcastle.

I presume that when I called the silver line I must have gone into a call overflow system which found its way to Prestige Sales. Is this something usually restricted to Prems, GGLs etc?

I know that for any future bookings I'll be holding on to those direct contact details for the specific agent. :cool:^

crazy8534 Apr 1, 2015 8:50 am

I had this happen once too, also when I was silver.
I think it is the (legendary) GGL line!
(they can do anything...)

TabTraveller Apr 1, 2015 9:16 am

GGL line isn't in newcastle. They sound significantly further south than that.

Corpt Apr 1, 2015 9:19 am

Originally Posted by TabTraveller (Post 24600148)

This lady also certainly didn't have a Newcastle accent, but one from much further south. The email footer though referred to "Newcastle Business Park".

UKtravelbear Apr 1, 2015 9:25 am

Originally Posted by TabTraveller (Post 24600148)

Teesside?

Corpt Apr 1, 2015 9:26 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 24600189)
Teesside?

:D Much much closer to your location than Teesside

BLHD Apr 1, 2015 10:32 am

GGL are in Manchester.

fripperies Apr 1, 2015 10:51 am

It's a mystery! Maybe, just maybe, there are non-geordies living and working in Newcastle these days.

fdm1000 Apr 1, 2015 10:54 am

Maybe they should recruit her for You First

Originally Posted by BLHD (Post 24600566)
GGL are in Manchester.

Sounds like she would be the perfect choice for YOU FIRST, spoken with several completely incompetent personnel recently who had absolutely no idea about customer service to the extent that I cancelled a 241 to the U.S. and now traveling Ex Dub with another airline to give them a go whilst still saving money.

I will do a bit of a TR explaining the whys but in essence they lost £1.4 K of my money because they wouldn't,t change a domestic leg (computer says NO)
Regards
FDM

orbitmic Apr 1, 2015 10:56 am

Originally Posted by BLHD (Post 24600566)
GGL are in Manchester.

+1. Not Newcastle (they give you the +161 number to call from abroad!)

Paralytic Apr 1, 2015 11:11 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 24600719)
+1. Not Newcastle (they give you the +161 number to call from abroad!)

I doubt anyone at BA knows that Newcastle and Manchester are different places. The BA map just has "London" and "North of London".

Hoch Apr 1, 2015 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Paralytic (Post 24600825)
I doubt anyone at BA knows that Newcastle and Manchester are different places. The BA map just has "London" and "North of London".

To be fair, anything outside of the M25 is a foreign land ;)

H

crazy8534 Apr 1, 2015 11:42 am

Originally Posted by fripperies (Post 24600679)
It's a mystery! Maybe, just maybe, there are non-geordies living and working in Newcastle these days.

That's crazy talk.

fripperies Apr 1, 2015 11:51 am

Originally Posted by crazy8534 (Post 24601020)
That's crazy talk.

Why pet yer ken they're lettin all sorts in oop there these days, even swanky Londoners an' the likes.

Rickers Apr 1, 2015 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Corpt (Post 24600164)
This lady also certainly didn't have a Newcastle accent, but one from much further south. The email footer though referred to "Newcastle Business Park".

That address refers to the main UK centre for ticketing (unless it has changed recently).

BA have had a call centre there, in Bamburgh Court, for at least 15 years that I can recall, but that can show on an email even if the work has been done in Mumbai !