Prestige Sales

Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by Hoch
To be fair, anything outside of the M25 is a foreign land

H
Especially Gatwick.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

GGL are in Salford which I gather is different to Manchester. No doubt one is as grim as the other!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Paralytic
I doubt anyone at BA knows that Newcastle and Manchester are different places. The BA map just has "London" and "North of London".
Fair enough -- and their loss it is too!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Originally Posted by Rickers
That address refers to the main UK centre for ticketing (unless it has changed recently).
Close but no cookie, Fares and Ticketing is mainly handled in Manchester and a couple of Non-UK sites.

Originally Posted by Paralytic
I doubt anyone at BA knows that Newcastle and Manchester are different places. The BA map just has "London" and "North of London".
The BA map is actually London and the Regions! () to reflect the hard work undertaken out west by Engineering in Cardiff.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
GGL are in Salford which I gather is different to Manchester. No doubt one is as grim as the other!

Careful! The team will be very upset, they certainly aren't in Salford!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BLHD

Careful! The team will be very upset, they certainly aren't in Salford!
You are right. Didsbury it is. My geography of the UK beyond zone 2 is very sketchy!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:20 pm

You are right. Didsbury it is. My geography of the UK beyond zone 2 is very sketchy!
If you learn Zone 6 I'll pass your CV onto BA.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I think we should send you on a pilgrimage up North! Didsbury is greater Manchester all right, it's actually in a fairly nice area close to Cheadle and Gatley on the way to the airport. Salford used to be rough a long time ago but is quite lively nowadays and Manchester is really a fine place.

Zone 2 is grim and boring - I don't do anywhere in London that I can't walk to from the flat or work unless I am going to the airport
Old Apr 1, 2015, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

So, we've had a nice geography lesson, but does anyone actually know who/what "Prestige Sales" are? Is it the GGL team?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Corpt
So, we've had a nice geography lesson, but does anyone actually know who/what "Prestige Sales" are? Is it the GGL team?
Prestige Sales are sales agents based at the Newcastle office.They will generally take calls for potentially high value sales .They do not deal exclusively with executive club members and are not Gold Guest List.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I think we should send you on a pilgrimage up North! Didsbury is greater Manchester all right, it's actually in a fairly nice area close to Cheadle and Gatley on the way to the airport. Salford used to be rough a long time ago but is quite lively nowadays and Manchester is really a fine place.

Zone 2 is grim and boring - I don't do anywhere in London that I can't walk to from the flat or work unless I am going to the airport
Isn't Didsbury in Cheshire?

Agree Zone 2 is like sitting in LD J or WT+ on a 744
Old Apr 1, 2015, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cbagent
Prestige Sales are sales agents based at the Newcastle office.They will generally take calls for potentially high value sales .They do not deal exclusively with executive club members and are not Gold Guest List.
Thanks for the clear explanation. ^
Old Apr 1, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by fripperies
It's a mystery! Maybe, just maybe, there are non-geordies living and working in Newcastle these days.
Or maybe all that money spent on accent neutralisation lessons is starting to pay off. I've seen it done in India so why not Newcastle
Old Apr 1, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Or maybe all that money spent on accent neutralisation lessons is starting to pay off.
Professor Higgins? Calling Professor Higgins....
Old Apr 1, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Isn't Didsbury in Cheshire?
No, it isn't.

It's considered the poshest part of Manchester full of BBC media types these days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.