UuA Question

Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
UuA Question

Hi all

Apologies for the n00b question but I couldn't find a definitive answer from any of the sticky threads or a search...

I am in the process of booking an ex-EU AMS-LHR-YYZ-LHR-AMS ticket (I'm not skipping the final leg before anyone mentions it...). My question is, if I wanted to upgrade the outbound LHR-YYZ flight to F, and there was award availability, is this possible? I know POUG don't come up for connecting flights so wondered if I could upgrade that specific element this way.

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:33 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Yes however you may need to call to do so.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
UuA Question

Yes you can UuA just the one leg on an ex-EU. I have done J>F before very easily.

If you have a hotel or car with the booking (making it a BA Holidays booking) you will need to call to UuA - it cannot be done online.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes - UuA is fine assuming you have booked the ticket directly with BA of course and not with another airline (AA) or via a TA (if you have nonBA flights in there whcih looking at the route I guess not). You can UuA one or both of your longhauls to F depending on reward availability.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Great, thanks for the advice everyone. Will check the availability and call BA to resolve.

The flights were booked through BA.com, so should hopefully be OK.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Careful. Technically the ticket needs to be issued in the country your membership address is in.
BA.com automatically issues the ticket in the country of departure.
If your addreess is here in the UK, you can solve this by calling BA in the UK to book the ticket or using a UK OTA like expedia.co.uk
Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

That's useful information. Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by alexwuk
Careful. Technically the ticket needs to be issued in the country your membership address is in.
I have had success UUA'ing US-originating (and US-ticketed) tickets with a UK-registered BAEC account, although I've always had to call BA to do so.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.