Attention to detail

Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
That is not pleasant at all. But here's what I really want to know now the thread has been revived: is that original door still damaged, or has a miraculous repair taken place in the nearly 4 years since the photo was taken?

(I bet I won't be surprised by the answer )
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by T8191
Oh dear, oh dear ... oh dear! That is GROSS.
You've lived a sheltered life.

A full view of the toilet pan with 144 excrement splatters would be my idea of gross.
T8191 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Maybe a dumb comment / question, but isnt this a hazard (hygiene)? Whats the distance between the galley and the toilet?

Last edited by florens; Feb 11, 2019 at 9:33 am
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by florens
Maybe a dumb comment / question, but isnt this a hazard (hygiene)? Whats the distance between the galley and the toilet?
If anything I would say it's less of a hazard than one that's operational.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by HIDDY
You've lived a sheltered life.

A full view of the toilet pan with 144 excrement splatters would be my idea of gross.
If you had experienced some of the ‘facilities’ I encounted during my Military career, you wouldn’t say that!! The hessian-screened outdoor ‘deep-drop’ at RAF Stanley was perhaps the least desirable, especially in deep midwinter!
And the toilets in MoD Main Building in Whitehall were pretty appalling too, with the scent wafting down the corridors and into one’s office.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 5:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I am pleased to report that the CCR toilet doors - the gentlemen's side at least - have now had a polyfilla and paint job. Unfortunately the OP's photos haven't survived the timeline, and the issue went back somewhat further than 2015, but the regulars will know what I mean.
camdentown likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 6:50 am

Programs: BA gold
Obviously I've not been in CCR in years, surely if it's taken this long to repair it (it does sound like a bodge job?) then my 2015 suggestion of portaloos would have stood the test of time better.
T8191 and gustavmahler like this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I did notice on our recent pass through the FLounge that the loo doors are still in a poor state. Why, oh why, didnt they instal doors that could cope with heavy traffic instead of the cheap and nasty chipboard approach?

BTW, the OP has kindly reinstated the photos in Post #1.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.