Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Attention to detail

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Yes, c-w-s definitely gets my vote...
Oooh, you are one for teasing....
Old Mar 25, 2015, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Months, if not years, I'm afraid to say. I must admit, having gone to a bog-standard comprehensive where you could only moan if the roof leaked when it wasn't raining, I must have got inured to it. I'll see if I can get something done about it, even if it means some clever way of getting Polyfilla past security.
CWS there is so much to fix in the T5 bathrooms and shower facilities that you will be spooning Polyfilla into 100ml containers for years to come!
Old Mar 25, 2015, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hugolover
CWS there is so much to fix in the T5 bathrooms and shower facilities that you will be spooning Polyfilla into 100ml containers for years to come!
It's a pity the building is owned by a non-profit with no easy revenue sources, and its tenant has no money either...

Oh, hang on, is this the parish hall or the CCR we're talking about?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But at least, c-w-s, your school had the loos in order.

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Months, if not years, I'm afraid to say. I must admit, having gone to a bog-standard comprehensive where you could only moan if the roof leaked when it wasn't raining, I must have got inured to it.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
It's a pity the building is owned by a non-profit with no easy revenue sources, and its tenant has no money either...

Oh, hang on, is this the parish hall or the CCR we're talking about?
. Knowing BA I would expect the person who wants to get the showers and toilets fixed (and look less like a middle of a road motel or worse) needs to give a pitch showing how the £££ costs will equal ££££ in revenues :roll eyes:.

The sign on the shower reception in South has warned there are fewer facilities for how long? 6 months? It seems like an age.

A few have no wall-seat-just a hole where it once was; doors don't close so clothes which (you are advised) are placed on the peg get splashed; brown and icky at the bottom, seals worn away or non-existent! Many radios don't work or have the same stations on multiple channels or very low volumes.

Is it not also a bit odd that the door is propped open with a tampon bin? To close the door you need to move it. Can a more *classy* First Class solution be found?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Frankly, establishments aspiring to high standards don't need some divvy wimpy 'oh, we must be inclusive and sensitive' bull ...

... they need a Sergeant Major, followed by his minion Corporal with a clipboard. THAT works.

"Door - cr@p, get that fixed."
"Yes Sir"
"Tables - dirty, give the staff a good talking to."
"Yes Sir"
"Champagne -not cool."
"OMG. Yes Sir!"
"GET IT SORTED NOW!!!!!"
"SIR!"

Management grip ... <30%

Tragic, seriously. Would any of you have a door like that in your home, apart from in the C-W-S outside privy?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by T8191
Frankly, establishments aspiring to high standards don't need some divvy wimpy 'oh, we must be inclusive and sensitive' bull ...

... they need a Sergeant Major, followed by his minion Corporal with a clipboard. THAT works.

"Door - cr@p, get that fixed."
"Yes Sir"
"Tables - dirty, give the staff a good talking to."
"Yes Sir"
"Champagne -not cool."
"OMG. Yes Sir!"
"GET IT SORTED NOW!!!!!"
"SIR!"

Management grip ... <30%

Tragic, seriously. Would any of you have a door like that in your home, apart from in the C-W-S outside privy?
You're absolutely right. They need you onboard!

And not only would you not want to see that in a home (or indeed any of the issues I pointed out) you wouldn't want to see it in any decent hotel. Read: 2* and above!
Old Mar 25, 2015, 2:57 pm

I find it hard to believe the lounge manager for LHR is in any way proud of the state of some of the areas.

So I have to guess that they have their hands tied by a 0 budget for maintenance - which is, in itself, is their fault for not putting it in as a simple element of BAU.

I also have to believe that the senior management and board members of BA simply don't frequent their own lounges.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hugolover
And not only would you not want to see that in a home (or indeed any of the issues I pointed out) you wouldn't want to see it in any decent hotel. Read: 2* and above!
I've stayed on camp sites with better showering and toilet facilities.

Not sure any music festival has been above them though so they still have that....!
Old Mar 25, 2015, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MPH1980
I also have to believe that the senior management and Board members of BA simply don't frequent their own lounges.
They have more sense?

How many times have we heard here on BAFT about the "Suits in Waterside" actually getting out there [without Special Services" or "The Media" to help them???]

Do "They" actually know what it's like being a BA pax, anonymously, in any class (Try l/h Y, or even CW]? I doubt it very much, as they will have PREM or something similar on their BPs anyway.

Get down and dirty, Oh Great Leaders, as I used to do in my workplace, and realise how cr@p BA is getting. Take a few days off from the part-time Directorships and fly anonymously to your Villa or your Golf Tournament ... go on, you know you want to, and the shareholders will pay anyway
Old Mar 25, 2015, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by T8191
They have more sense?

How many times have we heard here on BAFT about the "Suits in Waterside" actually getting out there [without Special Services" or "The Media" to help them???]

Do "They" actually know what it's like being a BA pax, anonymously, in any class (Try l/h Y, or even CW]? I doubt it very much, as they will have PREM or something similar on their BPs anyway.

Get down and dirty, Oh Great Leaders, as I used to do in my workplace, and realise how cr@p BA is getting. Take a few days off from the part-time Directorships and fly anonymously to your Villa or your Golf Tournament ... go on, you know you want to, and the shareholders will pay anyway
I'm pretty sure they have no experience of the connection situation
Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:27 pm

I'm afraid I must protest. This thread is definitely slewed towards the chaps. Can we have a game where the girls can play too?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Calchas
I've stayed on camp sites with better showering and toilet facilities.

Not sure any music festival has been above them though so they still have that....!
I had to Google "camp site" because I had no idea what it was . But yes...I am sure its true. They are very poor.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, Vistara Platinum
Lovely view from 1K

Reviving this thread as I felt my post was relevant here (Mods, please move if irrelevant)

On G-YMMN yesterday, the F Class toilet door literally came off its hinges as another passenger tried to enter just after boarding. I later saw the first officer trying to make amends but he couldn't fix it. Load was 11/12

A minor irritant in this case was that the crew knew that the door was broken as they left it open through the flight, but they didn't bother to shut the curtains when they started meal service. I had to ask a crew to do as they served my drink.

From 1K, before landing
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh dear, oh dear ... oh dear! That is GROSS.

I appreciate they may not have a travelling bathroom-fitter to resolve it, but the curtain was surely the obviously solution or anyone with 2 functioning brain-cells.

What was Larry Grayson’s catch-phrase? “Shut that door!
florens likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.