Community
Wiki Posts
Search

funchal

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
How did it go Colcol? Im flying club next week and wondering about the lounge on the way back.
Old May 25, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
I went to FNC in march this year. The lounge does not accept BA boarding passes but Priority pass is accepted.
Old May 25, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by GadgetGal
I went to FNC in march this year. The lounge does not accept BA boarding passes but Priority pass is accepted.
indeed

Not a great lounge but better than nothing.
Old May 25, 2018, 7:41 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Don't bother with the lounge. As long as the weather is nice go on to the open air terrace and watch the planes

EDIT: from the terrace

Last edited by KARFA; May 25, 2018 at 8:27 pm
Old May 25, 2018, 8:25 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by KARFA
Don't bother with the lounge. As long as the weather is nice go on to the open air terrace and watch the planes
great advice , although maybe it’s just me but it’s actually quite interesting to watch aircraft landing when the weather is not so good (windy) also. It’s a tough airport. I once had a BA captain show me the landing procedure and they need a special training!
Old May 25, 2018, 10:59 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Agreed, the terrace is a great place, especially on a good day.

The small lounge is good for a quick coffee, snack, last glass of Madeira wine - either before or after a bit of terrace sunbathing / 'plane spotting. Not worth paying too much to use if you do not have PP access.
Old May 26, 2018, 1:24 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by pacenotes
How did it go Colcol? Im flying club next week and wondering about the lounge on the way back.
When are you going? I'm heading there on Saturday 2nd, family trip in CE.
Old May 26, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by GadgetGal
I also was there in March and as GadgetGal says, no entry for BA CE passengers. Pretty poor show by BA.
Old May 27, 2018, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by TheOldMan
I also was there in March and as GadgetGal says, no entry for BA CE passengers. Pretty poor show by BA.
Agreed, but the lounge is not that big, so a large CE cabin plus Gold and Silver card holders (+ guests) would likely overwhelm the TAP lounge at times, if not for every flight.
Old May 31, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by bisonrav
When are you going? I'm heading there on Saturday 2nd, family trip in CE.

Bring a jumper

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.