Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avios hacked

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: VS Silver, EK Gold, BA GGL/CCR
Same here.

Started as a "routine audit" and then received the email saying my account may have been compromised. Can't log in at present to check anything.

Spoke to the GGL team today and they have advised someone from the audit team will call tomorrow.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 4:44 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

So, BA have had a security breach that they're not owning up to?
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:19 am

Programs: QFF Silver, BA Blue, GF Silver, 3V Emerald
Originally Posted by stevejnr
I'm on this boat too. Any luck when you called them?
Having still not received an email, I went on to the BA website this morning and clicked 'Forgotten PIN/Password?' and the email came through in a few seconds.

I'm in, everything is working and no transactions I don't know about.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Having still not received an email, I went on to the BA website this morning and clicked 'Forgotten PIN/Password?' and the email came through in a few seconds.

I'm in, everything is working and no transactions I don't know about.
Good spot. I have just tried this and it worked for me too. Avios still haven't come back yet though.............
Old Mar 23, 2015, 4:29 am

This has happened to me too.

Just to be clear - once your account is reset, are you able to spend Avios points again?

What worries me is the reference to suspending use of the account (which seems to be independent of the password reset). April 28 is approaching and I am going to be extremely hacked off if I can't redeem before then.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: BAEC
I was just wondering if anyone has had their account/avios reinstated after the audit? My account is still in audit/avios at 0 despite having been told it would likely only be a 24 hour process.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 5:28 am

Programs: QFF Silver, BA Blue, GF Silver, 3V Emerald
Ex-Gratia!

Logged in today after updating my password the other day and found 'Ex-Gratia' adjustment for my whole balance. Current Avios = 0

Luckily I don't need to book anything at the moment but I wish I'd parked my avios at avios.com or Iberia rather than BA.

I've not had any contact from them apart from the email the other day regarding password change.

Has anyone had this and had it fixed?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Logged in today after updating my password the other day and found 'Ex-Gratia' adjustment for my whole balance. Current Avios = 0

Luckily I don't need to book anything at the moment but I wish I'd parked my avios at avios.com or Iberia rather than BA.

I've not had any contact from them apart from the email the other day regarding password change.

Has anyone had this and had it fixed?
I just logged in and the same has happened to me. Ex gratia, zero Avios left. They haven't sent me any emails...
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:37 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
Originally Posted by nickerss
I just logged in and the same has happened to me. Ex gratia, zero Avios left. They haven't sent me any emails...

Same here...
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:54 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
The same has happened to my account and my spouse's, with around a million Avios removed in total. We have not changed our passwords recently, or been asked to. We haven't received any emails from BAEC about this.

I'm posting here rather than calling BAEC at once, as there's no point if this is a widespread problem that they'll fix without any input from me. I'll be watching this space.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Executive, UA Premier Silver, Hilton Silver, Bonvoy Silver, IHG Rewards Gold Elite
Originally Posted by nickerss
Same here as well - no notice or word from BAEC, just the Ex Gratia note for a manual adjustment of all Avios down from about 117,000 to 0 now on 27 MARCH.....
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:56 am

And mine this morning too. *sigh*
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:56 am

Me too. All my avios zeroed, and my wife's but bizarrely not the kids.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:58 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
I've just seen that these threads are trending high and will probably be merged with this one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...unt-audit.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ex-gratia.html
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:59 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I checked my account after being worried about this thread and found all my Avios have gone too. I hope it doesn't take long, as I need to book a few Avios flights in the next 48 hours or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.