Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

So what would happen if BA did this in their lounges

Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold

Am a short time lurker to the BA forum as I have 2 flights in F in May.
Given some of the funny things I have read on here, I thought it might be a bit of fun to post a link to this thread. For those that are now aware Sydney F lounge and Melbourne F lounge are for OW Emeralds and those travelling in First Class ( so a little more generous that CCR admission requirements) You only need to read the first post as it nicely sums up the issue, the rest of the posts are outrage and comments re male vs female metabolism.
So what would happen if BA F/CCR lounges only let you have 3 drinks.....

http://www.australianfrequentflyer.c...tas-66685.html
Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wow! au frq whiner forum whining that staff serving drinks were actually doing their job and not just sticking RSA flyers on the wall
Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:26 am

Programs: BA Silver
If BA did this, I'm not sure it would even be mentioned here.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:32 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Only ready a few of the posts, but did enjoy the competitive nature of them saying how much they normally drink in (and sometimes out of) the lounge. My favourite was:

I certainly know how many jelly shots I can have and still drive home. It's more than 3 in 90 minutes
Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:46 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Maybe BA should just move to a US style voucher system for drinks. That way you could get service appropriate to the class of travel.

For example, business and 1st class pax could have anything they liked off the top shelf, whereas GGLs travelling on HBO fares would automatically be given whatever was at the back of the middle shelf.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:58 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by ratechaser
For example, business and 1st class pax could have anything they liked off the top shelf, whereas GGLs travelling on HBO fares would automatically be given whatever was at the back of the middle shelf.
Oh dear, coffee all over the keyboard....
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:02 am

Programs: BA Silver
You're assuming that GGLs on HBO fares will continue to be given access to the lounges?
Old Mar 12, 2015, 4:42 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Drinks rationing down under, it was never going to go down well was it??

BA would never implement such a ridiculous policy for premium customers surely
Old Mar 12, 2015, 4:55 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B466 Safari/600.1.4)

I would fully support this if it went along with a commensurate increase in quality.

Which we all know wouldn't be the case!
Old Mar 13, 2015, 2:15 am

Maybe BA should just move to a US style voucher system for drinks. That way you could get service appropriate to the class of travel.

^
Old Mar 13, 2015, 2:48 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
But there is a self service bar (for sure with wine, not sure about hard stuff) - at the right end of the lounge. Also - booze is available on self service basis in the Qantas Club downstairs - want to get drunk - just go there...

PS. This assumes we are talking about SYD lounge here...
Old Mar 13, 2015, 3:35 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Reminds me of some of the Castlemaine XXXX adverts screened in the UK probably a couple of decades ago now - especially the one where the Aussies have stocked up on XXXX and then buy some sherry for the girls, and the rear axle on the ute (i.e. pickup truck) gives up the ghost. "Looks we overdid it a bit on the sherry" was the comment. Australians are renowned for their hard drinking, so I am not surprised there was some not entirely favourable feedback on the board
Old Mar 13, 2015, 3:56 am

Programs: BAEC
Australia is the most regulated western country I've ever stepped foot in. If the English love rules, the Aussies love regulations. Their regulations surrounding booze are myriad and strict. So this sounds very plausible.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by wtcmor
...So what would happen if BA F/CCR lounges only let you have 3 drinks.....

http://www.australianfrequentflyer.c...tas-66685.html
That's three drinks in 1 hours. (And is not in line, being far more restrictive, than local Regulation.)
...My partner and our daughter and son in law where in the lounge, sat in the dining room on Saturday the 7th March and over a period of approximately an hour and 45 minutes we all consumed 3 drinks each. We asked for an additional drink before departing and were refused. ...
Old Mar 13, 2015, 4:50 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Reading between the lines here it looks as if there may have been a restriction on drinks to those accessing the F lounge via el-cheapo domestic tag flights on JQ, no such restriction on those actually flying QF/OW internationally.
How this would translate at LHR is anyone's guess. It might be QF's idea of establishing a caste system

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.